My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mckinnell

Hi,

My box is connected to both tv and PC which only streams when directed to do so, as, this is dictated by your self..........

Regards................

| Mon 16 Dec 2013 23:34:31 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Another idea gone wrong. By the way it's not true that a HDR1000s only streams data when asked. Facilities like Showcase use data streamed in the background. If your router has a usage meter, reset it. Leave only the hdr on for a couple of hrs, now read the usage meter again.

Running out of ideas, dirty mains perhaps. Do any of you live in an area where your power supply comes from an overhead line (rural location) ?

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 10:46:00 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Running out of ideas, dirty mains perhaps. Do any of you live in an area where your power supply comes from an overhead line (rural location) ?

Hi Graham.

Well I had some thoughts about power supply myself, but when the box reboots I never notice any lose of power with anything else. I have unplugged the box from its shared power source, checked the plug and wiring and changed the fuse, then plugged it into a separate socket, but it made no difference. I live in a town so there is no overhead cables. If it is power related then the only other thing I can think of is the power pack that comes with the box, could there of been a faulty batch!!??

By the way, it has been four days now since the last reboot, thats a record........Shhhhhhhhhh!

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 11:09:27 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mckinnell

Hi Graham and Teb3,

Streaming whys i was thinking you meant the PC not, the box, my error!!, on a plus note, it shows Youtube fantastically well, so, as with Teb5, the problem area where the re boot problem is when recording, besides that, its no bi deal, and looking over some of the xmas programs, no big loss if it does re boot ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Regards to both.........Tom..

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 11:30:32 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If I boot up Twonky Media on my laptop PC and then boot up my HDR FOX T2 it re-boots after a very short period. Presumably it looks for DLNA servers at boot up. I was just wondering if it could possibly be a similar issue with the HDR10xx boxes. Clearly not as one poster doesn't have his networked.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 12:50:23 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 
    If I boot up Twonky Media on my laptop PC and then boot up my HDR FOX T2 it re-boots after a very short period. Presumably it looks for DLNA servers at boot up. I was just wondering if it could possibly be a similar issue with the HDR10xx boxes.

In my view the reported symptoms indicate the Humax application is crashing but presumably for a different (but unknown) reason. I suspect the only proper fix will be a software update.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 12:55:58 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 32 minutes ago  » 
    If I boot up Twonky Media on my laptop PC and then boot up my HDR FOX T2 it re-boots after a very short period. Presumably it looks for DLNA servers at boot up. I was just wondering if it could possibly be a similar issue with the HDR10xx boxes. Clearly not as one poster doesn't have his networked.

As I said before Graham my box is not connected to the internet, just the television.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 13:24:57 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

mckinnell - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Graham and Teb3,
    Streaming whys i was thinking you meant the PC not, the box, my error!!, on a plus note, it shows Youtube fantastically well, so, as with Teb5, the problem area where the re boot problem is when recording, besides that, its no bi deal, and looking over some of the xmas programs, no big loss if it does re boot ha ha ha ha!!!!!
    Regards to both.........Tom..

Yes, I agree with you Tom, the only problem with the reboot issue is if you happen to be recording, that has only happened to me once. The Humax box is too good a product with excellent features to return it just for that reason. Like when you buy a new car, there is always one little thing that will niggle you, but does not prevent your overall enjoyment.

LOL, Christmas television has not been worth recording for many years now, so I am with you on that one Tom

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 13:39:53 #38 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Teb5 - 33 minutes ago  » 

As I said before Graham my box is not connected to the internet, just the television.

Clearly not as one poster doesn't have his networked.

It's you

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 13:59:17 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Teb5 - 33 minutes ago  » 

Clearly not as one poster doesn't have his networked.
    It's you

Ooops!!! Sorry about that Graham, I missed that bit in your original post. I should of gone to specsavers.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:21:21 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.