My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

According to my machine, the last update was back in July and I've had no problems until now.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 9:23:50 #61 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mckinnell - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Guys,
    Long time no moan lol lol, YES, we are having same problems, yesterday, morning and afternoon, are well, looks like we are all back to the beginning yet again, sorry but, it HAS to be software issues if they have done an update and it is happening to this many people, can not be hardware or owner error, just my take IMHO...
    Regards to all.......Tom.....

We have had this before, it was down to Freesat/Humax, not the software.

Software has not been changed.

Also affecting HB1000S models (also no software change).

Seems to me cannot be software, two different models at the same time seems to be very unlikely.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 10:13:26 #62 |
  3. black knight

black knight

special member

I'm quite relieved to be seeing others are having the reboot problem as my HDR 1000S box randomly rebooted twice yesterday!

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 10:47:59 #63 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've had a further update, not going into detail but...

just to clarify for the sceptics, it is definitely nothing to do with the latest software version 3.00.44

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 10:53:55 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulbid

Same problem on my HDR 1000S. Reboots a couple of irregular times a day. I could be on SD or HD live TV or recordings. I have the July update. As I understand Humax are aware and investigating I have not reset or reformatted but have removed the WiFi dongle.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 14:17:51 #65 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paulbid - 1 minute ago  » 
    Same problem on my HDR 1000S. Reboots a couple of irregular times a day. I could be on SD or HD live TV or recordings. I have the July update. As I understand Humax are aware and investigating I have not reset or reformatted but have removed the WiFi dongle.

Issue is much more likely to be down to Freesat. Humax would only be involved if it was a software issue, which Barry has posted it is not.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 14:20:58 #66 |
  7. chistery

chistery

I was surfing around thinking about replacing my box until I saw this thread! Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 14:44:22 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

I sent an email to Humax support at 08:00 this morning which has so far been ignored, so I'm glad some of you seem to be getting something out of them. The problem is clearly still apparent. I only switch my TV on at around 5:15pm (guess what for!) and a couple of regular daytime programmes I had set to record haven't done so. I was also horrified at one point to see the "My Recordings" list saying that I have nothing recorded - and I had a lot of catching up to do! However, I powered the machine down and up again and they reappeared (phew). Some of you are suggesting this isn't software related, but with this sideline issue going on too, I have my doubts.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 17:39:06 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gaz1961

My 1010S has also started rebooting a couple of times a day since the beginning of the week. It is not a power off type reboot as it only takes about 30 seconds to a minute for the picture to come back to the TV.

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 19:48:16 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kevinc

Humax emailed us today saying the issue is due to changes on the Freesat platform - and should be "resolved by the end of the day"

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 20:07:52 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.