My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S: No HDMI Connection

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert3000

I have a Humax Freesat HDR-1000S, connected to a TV via an HDMI cable. Everything has worked fine for a several years until last night when, in the middle of watching a recording, the connection dropped and the TV was unable to pick up the signal from the Humax box. A 'no signal can be detected' message appeared.

The Humax box itself still works fine; I checked it by connecting it to the TV via SCART. I have tried the following things: removing and reconnecting the HDMI lead; connecting the box with a different HDMI cable; connecting it to a different HDMI port on the TV; and power cycling both the Humax box and the TV. These attempts were all unsuccessful: the TV cannot pick up the Humax signal via HDMI.

Today I read on the Humax webpage for the HDR-1000 that 'A recent upgrade to the Humax software on Freetime recorders may have left a very small number of customers with issues connecting older televisions to their Humax Freetime box using an HDMI cable. Humax and Freesat are currently investigating.' However, the most recent sotware install on my box was August 2018 (according to the system settings), and eveything worked fine until yesterday. The box is not connected to the internet and never has been.

My question is whether there's anything I can do. Or has the HDMI connection on the Humax box failed, and I'm stuck with watching via SCART (with the poorer display quality)? I'm reluctant to try a factory reset because doing this with a (non-Humax) freeview box a few years ago just bricked the device.

Many thanks for any advice.

| Thu 23 Apr 2020 15:31:04 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Other than the factory reset the only things I can think of are:
    1. Check for newer TV firmware.
    2. Verify the TV is looking at the correct HDMI port.

I think the factory reset on these Humax units is very safe.

| Thu 23 Apr 2020 15:48:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert3000

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the TV is looking for the right port (I've been manually switching the input source to the right one). I should say also that I tested other HDMI-connected boxes with the TV and they work fine. So I think the problem is either with the Humax box, or else it's a HDMI handshake issue. I think the TV firmware is up-to-date (it's hard to tell, as there's no date and limited info online), but the TV works fine in every other respect.

I'm sure you're right about the safety of a factory reset. But I'm nervous about giving it a go right now: the country's in lockdown and if something went wrong getting a new box would be a lot more difficult than usual.

As I said above this problem seems to be an issue known to Humax and Freesat. The product website for the HDR-1000S says they are working on it, but the message isn't dated so I don't know how long it's been up, and I guess given that the companies have parted ways over new Freesat boxes, there isn't much motivation to sort it out?

| Fri 24 Apr 2020 9:25:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fm49218

Did you manage to fix this issue. do you still have your receiver? Do you notice the display on the unit goes blank too?

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 22:45:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert3000

No, the issue isn't fixed. I've just been using the recorder connected via SCART instead - so the HD channels are in normal resolution, but otherwise it works fine.

The Humax webpage for this product still shows the HDMI connection issue as a current problem, so I'm guessing that 9 months on they aren't going to bother to release a fix. There's instructions for a manual rollback there, but I didn't try it in the end. Just decided to cut my losses and still with a box that's 90% functional, rather than risk more complications.

| Thu 21 Jan 2021 10:21:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fm49218

Hi see

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr1000s-intermittently-turns-off-%e2%80%a6or-does-it

i wonder if uploading the previous firmware would fix the issue. But as there aren't lots of people complaining about this, maybe its not the firmware

Robert3000 - 2 days ago  » 
    No, the issue isn't fixed. I've just been using the recorder connected via SCART instead - so the HD channels are in normal resolution, but otherwise it works fine.
    The Humax webpage for this product still shows the HDMI connection issue as a current problem, so I'm guessing that 9 months on they aren't going to bother to release a fix. There's instructions for a manual rollback there, but I didn't try it in the end. Just decided to cut my losses and still with a box that's 90% functional, rather than risk more complications.

| Sat 23 Jan 2021 14:15:14 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.