My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S Power On From App

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Graham - from what I remember the EEC regulations do not actually prohibit it. They say the unit must be able to (current models) meet < 0.5W power requirements and that this must be the default option.
    This requirement did not apply to units with decryption (Someone got the wool pulled over their eyes at the EEC?)
    I can't imagine that WOL would get any sort of development effort. To make it work remotely requires a lot more knowhow than most users have. To make it work on the LAN would be much easier but there are a few other things I would like to see before this (DLNA server anyone?).

Sky boxes seem to have got over this because a basic box without subscription isn't a pvr. No doubt the real reason a Sky box without a paid for service cannot be used to record.

| Sun 24 May 2015 19:57:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trevrobwhite

I always think it's funny all this reduce standby power requirements then virtually every appliance known to man has at least one LED to say it's off.

Wake on LAN shouldn't be that hard to do, it's probably built into the network card anyway and the box already wakes on a timer for recordings, agree this should only be on the LAN.

It would make the app complete then as you can turn the box off in the app just can't turn it back on again.

| Sun 24 May 2015 20:41:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can't imagine that WOL would get any sort of development effort. To make it work remotely requires a lot more knowhow than most users have. To make it work on the LAN would be much easier but there are a few other things I would like to see before this (DLNA server anyone?).

I suspect you're right. If I'm not mistaken, Freesat's main purpose with the development of the app is to collect viewing data and encourage the regular use of Showcase. I doubt if turning the box on without getting out of bed is on their to-do list. And therefore not on Humax's to-do list.

DLNA server would be nice.

| Sun 24 May 2015 21:16:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trevrobwhite

Shame

| Sun 24 May 2015 21:26:10 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

They're a hardhearted bunch.

| Sun 24 May 2015 21:49:45 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic