My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S remote control question

(5 posts)
  1. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Hello everyone

Had the new remote which came with my refurb machine) for about 6 months now and already having to press on some buttons with extra force to get a response. These are mainly the play & fast forward buttons. Had an idea that if I could successfully open the remote up, it might be possible to change the 'soft' mechanisms, with the same as the 'clicky' (microswitch?) ones under other buttons, which clearly feel a lot more durable. Not sure why Humax didn't use those for all the buttons even if it meant a few quid more. So anyone had a look inside?.

(new batteries installed)

joe

| Sun 28 Aug 2016 16:10:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cxb

I have a Harmony 650 remote with buttons that stick down and keep sending commands......the original one has already been replaced under warranty but this new one is the same....am wondering anyone else has this problem of sticky buttons?

| Sun 26 Feb 2017 11:33:31 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you have a smartphone or tablet then the Humax remote scheduling app can be used a wireless remote control (no need to pair the app).

There are a number of posts from members who have succesfully cleaned their remote controls.

| Sun 26 Feb 2017 11:43:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

joe pineapples - 6 months ago  » 
    Hello everyone
    Had the new remote which came with my refurb machine) for about 6 months now and already having to press on some buttons with extra force to get a response. These are mainly the play & fast forward buttons. Had an idea that if I could successfully open the remote up, it might be possible to change the 'soft' mechanisms, with the same as the 'clicky' (microswitch?) ones under other buttons, which clearly feel a lot more durable. Not sure why Humax didn't use those for all the buttons even if it meant a few quid more. So anyone had a look inside?.
    (new batteries installed)
    joe

I'm not being rude but could it be that you are a bit heavy fingered when using the remote? I have only just had to replace mine after four years of use.

I have actually found the new remote more positive than the old remote ever was. Purchased the new one from Humax Direct.

| Sun 26 Feb 2017 11:44:52 #4 |
  5. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Thanks for the replies guys.

@Faust You're not being rude at all fella and are probably right about being heavy fingered (elderly parent). My point still stands about the other 'clicky' buttons, which do feel like they'll last a lifetime.

Out of interest, what's the model number on your new remote and do ALL the buttons 'click'? (crossing fingers)

| Thu 23 Mar 2017 14:39:13 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.