My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s Tuner 2 not working

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gok

Hi
    I ordered & received my Humax HDR-1000S Freesat STB last week
    However, there appears to be a fault with the second tuner. I have 2 Satellite feeds from my dish (both terminated in F-type connectors).
    I have checked both sat. feeds on both an old Sky STB and the new Humax STB and can confirm that they both work. (Humax reports both Strength & Quality on its Signal Info page as 'Good' for Tuner 1)

The problem: with both feeds connected up to the Humax STB, the signal info page shows 'NO SIGNAL' for Tuner 2.
    I have swapped around the satellite feeds but, this makes no difference - Tuner 2 will not show a signal.

The Humax STB is connected to the internet and has updated itself to the latest software version.
    Here are some details of that STB:-

Model: HDR-1000S
      Software version: UKSFAA 1.02

I did specifically order a 2 tuner version so that I could watch one channel & record another or record 2 channels simultaneously which is now not possible with 1 working tuner.
    I am most disappointed as I had thought that buying this top of the range model would be a problem free experience but maybe this is just a software glitch?

Reading elsewhere on the forum, it was suggested to go to Ch 407 (Fashion..) and check the signal strength - Tuner 1 shows 'Good' (not sure how you see the % value some were mentioning)
    Also tried recording BBC 1 HD and scrolling through CBS Action but got the message that no signal for CBS Action

Any clues would be great as my thoughts are that I may have got an STB with a hardware fault and the hassle of returning it

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 16:50:20 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Currently the HDR-1000S only displays ACTIVE tuners. Two feeds are confirmed by the message at the foot of the page. If you want to see the signal levels for two channels start a recording on BBC1 and swap the channel to 407 and then look.

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 17:20:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypolony

Hi All, I have the same problem. I bought the box last week and at first we watched Holby while recording ITV, then yesterday I get the a message saying you cannot change channels while recording. I then did a retune from factory settings and it said that there was no signal going into Tuner 2. Ive swapped the cables around and even switched the LNB cables to no avail.
    It is certain that the port 2 is not taking a signal.Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tony

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 11:40:19 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly what does it show in settings > signal info.
    It will show in text how many feeds it saw when you reset it. [This will only change when a factory reset is done]
    If it saw only one feed on say LNB1 it should make an internal connection to enable tuner 2 to be used in a limited way.

Can you also confirm that when you swapped the cable around the no signal remained on tuner 2.

I ask as confirmed tuner problems are very rare compared to cable/connector/lnb issues.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 14:08:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypolony

I replied via the email. Thanks Tony

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 15:00:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypolony

It says there is only one signal on tuner one. The signal is strong.
    I can confirm that when i swapped the cable from tuner 1 to tuner 2 there was no change is message on tuner 2, tuner 1 showed no signal because I had disconnected the feed. When I then connected the feed which had been on tuner 1, and working, it showed no signal.

Hope that helps you help me.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 15:05:09 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I understand but the HDR-1000S acts differently following detection of only one cable would have made an internal connection from cable 1 to tuner 2. If I understand you correctly what you need to do is connect the working cable to LNB 2 and the non working cable to LNB 1 and repeat the factory reset.

If then the unit reports a signal on LNB1 but not LNB2 and only one feed connected your unit is faulty. Any other result would imply a cable/connector/LNB fault.

As an alternative, go to a friends house with a working two feed sat setup and try it there (with a factory reset) - that its great for point where the problem is.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 16:28:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypolony

Sorry i may not have been very clear.
    When both cables from the LNB are connected tuner 1 works fine, but tuner 2 shows up no signal. There is also a message to say only one cable is connected.
    If I switch cables, same result.
    I have also switched cables on the twin LNB.
    Same result.
    It might point to a faulty tuner 2 port.
    Does that make sense?
    Tony.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 19:18:12 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tonypolony - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry i may not have been very clear.
    When both cables from the LNB are connected tuner 1 works fine, but tuner 2 shows up no signal. There is also a message to say only one cable is connected.
    If I switch cables, same result.
    I have also switched cables on the twin LNB.
    Same result.
    It might point to a faulty tuner 2 port.
    Does that make sense?
    Tony.

It is clear but did you factory reset the unit between tests?

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 19:23:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fitz666

I have a similar issue with an 1100S, tried swapping the cables and Tuner 2 is not detecting anything.

Only had it a couple of months so I think I might need a warrenty swap?

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 10:44:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.