robby0648

tks 4 info

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 16:37:37 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 55 minutes ago  » 

robby0648 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Tks Graham, I found that topic also, but I do not want to (even temporarily) switching off DHCP on my router, as in my home numerous devices are of fixed IP, such as NAS servers, WiFi Base stations, printers, my Dreambox Sat receiver (DiSEqc A/B/C/D), while other devices such as desktops, laptops, iPhones, iPads are all on DHCP. I want to be able to switch between DHCP and fixed IP on de HDR-1100S itself. I prefer to wait until the manual option becomes available on the unit itself.
    BTW, I did not yet test the STB mode on the HDR-1100S in order to play with the non-FreeSat stations on the DiSEqc A/B/C/D, should be interesting.

Not even sure that being enable to select manual setup is even on the list of fixes. Perhaps Barry would know.

For what reason would this be added, the function works in the most user acceptable way, i.e. to minimise problems. the poster does clearly not understand the duration of a DHCP lease is normally a minimum of 24 hours

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 17:29:05 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago - I was though under the impression that later software does now show both tuner signals.

Correct Graham.

Not even sure that being enable to select manual setup is even on the list of fixes. Perhaps Barry would know.

I know of no plans to change this.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 17:43:39 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

robby0648

:
    Replied to Repassac on his remark on DHCP and fixed IP addresses in a PM

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 18:01:29 #24 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

robby0648 - 1 hour ago  » 
    :
    Replied to Repassac on his remark on DHCP and fixed IP addresses in a PM

Replied to PM.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 19:47:02 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RayG

Told by Aerial Engineer that I needed a new Humax Box as one tuner was dead.

Solved problem by
    -turning off the box at mains
    -ensure both aeirial leads plugged in properly (NB popwer must be off whilst doing this
    -turn on set and box
    -go to settings
    -did a factory re set
    - follow instructions as to Post code
    - when complete4d check for the tuners and both should now show activity and strength of signal.

This saved me £160!!

| Tue 14 Nov 2017 23:18:12 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ezytouch

Hello

My HDR1000S/1010S has recently developed the same problem: Tuner 2 not working, "connected with one cable" message during reset (tuner 1 = GOOD, tuner 2 = not connected, regardless of whether or not I swap the cables before the reset), resulting in an inability to change channel while recording.

Unlike the previous original poster, my problem was not resolved by starting a recording on 105 then switching to 304 (I simply get the 'cannot change channel while recording' message).

I can't say why, but it seems that my box is behaving as though tuner 2 doesn't exist. The satellite reception on tuner 1 is excellent (with either satellite cable). Everything works great. Have tried every fix in this post multiple times.

As always, all help/advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 23:52:53 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If the box is working correctly. It should have enabled an internal link from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 and setup the box in single cable mode. If tuner 2 is working you should still be able to record two at the same time.

Is there any sign of damp in the two cables at the box end ?

Try this and post what happens.

enter 949 to change to BBC2-HD and press the instant record button.

Now enter 973. You should be viewing BBC1-Scotland HD if you can view you should also be able to record it using the instant recording button.

This should work because both the channels are Low Band Horizontally polarised

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 9:50:37 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.