My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s Tuner 2 not working

(28 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fitz666 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I have a similar issue with an 1100S, tried swapping the cables and Tuner 2 is not detecting anything.
    Only had it a couple of months so I think I might need a warrenty swap?

After swapping the cables, did you reset the unit ? The number of cables is only detected during setup.

Before the reset try this to confirm that your 2 tuners are working.

Tune to 105 (Channel 5) and press the red record button. Enter 304 does your box now show Movies4Men ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 10:57:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fitz666

Will do thank you, and thank you for the welcome.

For what it is worth I am amazed at how little I miss Sky now I have this Humax box.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 11:19:25 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fitz666 - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Will do thank you, and thank you for the welcome.
    For what it is worth I am amazed at how little I miss Sky now I have this Humax box.

Make a note of your recording schedule (or photograph with a digital camera). A reset will delete this and reset any changes you may have made to default settings. (The box volume output for instance).

Can you also check what software version you have on the box, the current firmware shows both tuner signals without having to force the second tuner to be used.

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 11:39:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fitz666

I have Netflix on mine so I would assume it was the latest (I might be wrong though).

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 11:43:01 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fitz666 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I have Netflix on mine so I would assume it was the latest (I might be wrong though).

Yes it must be, though it should shortly update.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/phased-roll-out-of-software-version-30020

| Tue 19 Jan 2016 11:48:36 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fitz666

Well it worked a treat, thank you so much for the info.

| Wed 27 Jan 2016 12:18:28 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

robby0648

Hello, I am new to the Humax forum after replacing my Echostar HDS-600RS to the HDR-1100S.

I read Grahm's advise of 19 Jan 2016 after wondering why the 2nd tuner was not detected during setup, while the old "crappy" Echostar found them. I did Graham's test by initiating a recording of channel 105 (Channel 5) and then switching to channel 304 (M4M), it worked. Thanks Graham.

Still I am not happy with the HDR-1100S not showing signal strength on both tuners, this must be a software bug and should be rectified.

I have though a 2nd issue, i.e. where do I find the network setup to change from DHCP to fixed IP address, which I insist on. Any advise from somebody?

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 16:51:28 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

robby0648 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hello, I am new to the Humax forum after replacing my Echostar HDS-600RS to the HDR-1100S.
    I read Grahm's advise of 19 Jan 2016 after wondering why the 2nd tuner was not detected during setup, while the old "crappy" Echostar found them. I did Graham's test by initiating a recording of channel 105 (Channel 5) and then switching to channel 304 (M4M), it worked. Thanks Graham.
    Still I am not happy with the HDR-1100S not showing signal strength on both tuners, this must be a software bug and should be rectified.
    I have though a 2nd issue, i.e. where do I find the network setup to change from DHCP to fixed IP address, which I insist on. Any advise from somebody?

You can force the second tuner to display by simply starting a single recording to tie up tuner 1. I was though under the impression that later software does now show both tuner signals.

Why don't you use your router setup to reserve the DHCP allocated address to the box MAC address ? That way it will never change. If I remember correctly Repassac found that you have to temporarily turn off DHCP on your router before the manual option becomes available.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 17:05:31 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

robby0648

Tks Graham, I found that topic also, but I do not want to (even temporarily) switching off DHCP on my router, as in my home numerous devices are on fixed IP, such as NAS servers, WiFi Base stations, printers, my Dreambox Sat receiver (DiSEqc A/B/C/D), while other devices such as desktops, laptops, iPhones, iPads are all on DHCP. I want to be able to switch between DHCP and fixed IP on de HDR-1100S itself. I prefer to wait until the manual option becomes available on the unit itself.

BTW, I did not yet test the STB mode on the HDR-1100S in order to play with the non-FreeSat stations on the DiSEqc A/B/C/D, should be interesting.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 17:20:35 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

robby0648 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Tks Graham, I found that topic also, but I do not want to (even temporarily) switching off DHCP on my router, as in my home numerous devices are of fixed IP, such as NAS servers, WiFi Base stations, printers, my Dreambox Sat receiver (DiSEqc A/B/C/D), while other devices such as desktops, laptops, iPhones, iPads are all on DHCP. I want to be able to switch between DHCP and fixed IP on de HDR-1100S itself. I prefer to wait until the manual option becomes available on the unit itself.
    BTW, I did not yet test the STB mode on the HDR-1100S in order to play with the non-FreeSat stations on the DiSEqc A/B/C/D, should be interesting.

Not even sure that being enable to select manual setup is even on the list of fixes. Perhaps Barry would know.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 17:31:37 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.