My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Phased roll out of software version 3.00.20

(23 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A phased roll out of software version 3.00.20 begins today with further phase on Thurs.

Full rollout will commence early next week.

Edit: My HDR 1010 and 1100S have both downloaded/updated.

| Mon 18 Jan 2016 15:22:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

What's it supposed to cure Barry?

| Mon 18 Jan 2016 15:36:32 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

HDCP issues.

| Mon 18 Jan 2016 15:37:10 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

Don't suppose it helps with dropping the HDD does it?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 21:47:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

comrademureth

ditto to that!

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 11:49:04 #5 |
  6. chrisund123

chrisund123

Well I fired mine up for its weekly outing watching Call the Midwife and War n Peace... No HDD found, time to pull the power and coax it back to life...

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 20:49:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GG1948

A word of warning (might not be specific to the 3.00.20 rollout).

I purchased an HDR-1100S last week and set it up successfully, including connection to broadband via ethernet using a Netgear AV Powerline adapter But Netflix was supposed to be included in the On Demand menu - and it wasn't there. I rang Humax Support and they identified that the unit still had the July or August software release, so directed me to the software update page on the Humax website. I updated, but found that the On Demand files then failed to download when coming out of standby - just a message that the unit was trying to download On Demand but the message remained there for hours.

There is a page on this (relevant to the latest software update) at
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/freetime-on-demand

I went through all the suggestions to no avail. But after the factory reset process, I went through set up again and found that I could not connect the unit to broadband, although my laptop connected successfully via the same ethernet cable. After checking everything, I resigned myself to trying to connect wirelessly and this worked. The On Demand files then downloaded, including the Netflix app.

So I am up and running again (I should say that all the other functions continued to work fine despite the On demand files download issue). But it does seem that the latest software update has disabled the ethernet connectivity in some way.

Does this make any sense to anybody? I intend to call Humax Support tomorrow to report the event so that they can see if this is a common problem.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 22:31:12 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GG1948 - 1 minute ago  » 
    A word of warning (might not be specific to the 3.00.20 rollout).
    I purchased an HDR-1100S last week and set it up successfully, including connection to broadband via ethernet using a Netgear AV Powerline adapter But Netflix was supposed to be included in the On Demand menu - and it wasn't there. I rang Humax Support and they identified that the unit still had the July or August software release, so directed me to the software update page on the Humax website. I updated, but found that the On Demand files then failed to download when coming out of standby - just a message that the unit was trying to download On Demand but the message remained there for hours.
    There is a page on this (relevant to the latest software update) at
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/freetime-on-demand
    I went through all the suggestions to no avail. But after the factory reset process, I went through set up again and found that I could not connect the unit to broadband, although my laptop connected successfully via the same ethernet cable. After checking everything, I resigned myself to trying to connect wirelessly and this worked. The On Demand files then downloaded, including the Netflix app.
    So I am up and running again (I should say that all the other functions continued to work fine despite the On demand files download issue). But it does seem that the latest software update has disabled the ethernet connectivity in some way.
    Does this make any sense to anybody? I intend to call Humax Support tomorrow to report the event so that they can see if this is a common problem.

Not a 1100S (I have a 1000S) and installed the latest software using the beta release.

Connected by a direct cat 5, no issues at all with OD and internet connectivity.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 22:36:06 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update:

Phased roll out for IP connected units continuing, full roll out now later this week.

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 10:35:08 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Applied without issue on my 1100S....not tested extensively but seems ok

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 19:39:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.