My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100 and BTYouView Box

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

I got a new HDR1100 to replace an ageing Foxsat.

I also use BT TV and use BT Youview Box which I have had for 12months or so.

I now have two boxes with two Remote Controls, with both remotes "controlling" aspects in either box. For example, the Power button controls both boxes ( sometimes in different ways). Pressing record on the Freesat Box, simultaneously records on the YouView box.

Is it possible to correct this (or have I missed something)

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:20:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You missed the FAQ's

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-2

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:23:14 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Our FAQ's are your friend.

You can change the code on the HDR 1100S remote.

Graham faster again

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:24:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

How guilty I feel...and I thought I had looked, obviously not very well

Many thanks for your instant response...I will do it later this evening or tomorrow

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 20:28:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

Great, done, and thank you

| Sat 24 Dec 2016 15:53:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Belmont

BT you view box. I have a bt youview box. Changed provider and could not get the box to connect to the intranet. Reet the box to factory settings Can anyone advise me (80 yrs old) how i can use it again. Is this possable?
    Many Thanks.
    George

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 15:59:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

George, have you set up the WiFi settings for the new router (username and password presumably on the router's label). Or is it connected to the router by a cable?

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 16:12:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Belmont

Thank you for proment reply

Connected to router by cable

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 16:24:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Belmont

WiFi settings are present and correct.
    What I should Have mentioned was that the box was working for about 6 months after I changed from Bt, I now get a message: no signal. Check the external imput or select another imput using the Imput button. Tv signal is working for other pieces of equipment. Aerial is plugged straight in to the box and outputed to the TV. TV has very good picture. Prior to the message appearing it would not connect to the intranet.

| Sat 3 Oct 2020 17:01:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Belmont - 4 days ago  » 
    BT you view box.

OK. (I don't think that will be too obvious to everyone, including me initially, as you posted in the section for freesat, and also added your question to a discussion on clashes that can occur with remote controls!)

Belmont - 4 days ago  » 
    What I should Have mentioned was that the box was working for about 6 months after I changed from Bt, I now get a message: no signal. Check the external imput or select another imput using the Imput button. Tv signal is working for other pieces of equipment. Aerial is plugged straight in to the box and outputed to the TV. TV has very good picture. Prior to the message appearing it would not connect to the intranet.

I am trying to understand the issue.

----------------------------
    Is it that when you attempt to view tv programmes using yout TV's own tuners (and not via the youview box) that you can't view the programmes?

If is is that you can't view tv programmes using your TV's own tuners you will need to adjust the settings on the youview box. To do this go into settings (view selecting settings from the menu that appears when you press the blue "y" and select "Pictur & Sound". Within "Picture & Sound" the "Antenna Out" should be set to "On".

-----------------------------

Or is it that you can't view the youview menus (and the youview picture) on your TV?

If it is that you can't see the youview menus or picture at all then first check either your HDMI cable, or your SCART cable, is still firmly seated at both the TV end and the Youview box end.

------------------------------

Please come back and help explain what the actual issues is and whether either of those two fixes worked. There are other suggestions that could be fix but those are them possibly the most likely fixes and it would help identify what to suggest next if you explained your issue a bit more.

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 14:17:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.