My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100s hard drive issue

(25 posts)
  1. Trev

Trev

special member

Well let's hope it is an AV one at 5600 RPM not one of the super duper data ones at 7200RPM.

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 10:49:37 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fm49218

Does anybody know which resistor

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 21:53:19 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fm49218

I have just spoken with Humax technical support. It’s clear that they are not technical and struggle with support.

I asked for a schematic diagram to allow us to repair the dreaded no HDD fault ourselves to which they replied that they didn’t know if a schematic was available because it’s an old unit. Fob off answer.

I asked that they tell me who could tell me if a schematic was available. He took my email address and said he would come back to me after he’d made some enquiries. He was very aggravated by my challenging him.

I was clear that I think Humax have an obligation to help customers if they are aware of a common failing part and that if the response is that they cannot help then I would reach out to the Humax president and Technical Manager.

I don’t accept that there is no schematic and that they cannot help us to identify the failing components.

It’s clear that their only focus is selling more units and not repairing old ones, despite the fact that they are no longer making freesat receivers.

There is some legislation that says if the same component has failed across multiple units, and it is proven that the failure of that component was down to a design issue, then the manufacturer must make help to resolve the issue

Let’s wait and see.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:07:36 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fm49218 - 5 mins ago  » 
    I have just spoken with Humax technical support. It’s clear that they are not technical and struggle with support.
    I asked for a schematic diagram to allow us to repair the dreaded no HDD fault ourselves to which they replied that they didn’t know if a schematic was available because it’s an old unit. Fob off answer.
    I asked that they tell me who could tell me if a schematic was available. He took my email address and said he would come back to me after he’d made some enquiries. He was very aggravated by my challenging him.
    I was clear that I think Humax have an obligation to help customers if they are aware of a common failing part and that if the response is that they cannot help then I would reach out to the Humax president and Technical Manager.
    I don’t accept that there is no schematic and that they cannot help us to identify the failing components.
    It’s clear that their only focus is selling more units and not repairing old ones, despite the fact that they are no longer making freesat receivers.
    There is some legislation that says if the same component has failed across multiple units, and it is proven that the failure of that component was down to a design issue, then the manufacturer must make help to resolve the issue
    Let’s wait and see.

One company offers fixed price repairs for all Humax boxes

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:14:10 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fm49218

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » 

fm49218 - 5 mins ago  » 
    Let’s wait and see.

One company offers fixed price repairs for all Humax boxes
    https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

I have seen that, and wondered what heir affiliation to Humax is. I don't understand why Humax wouldn't help its consumers. Manuals are available, as i used to repair Sat receivers many moons ago.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:20:16 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.