My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S No signal to TV via HDMI

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

naskew

I have an old HDR-1100S which has given us many years of good service. Last year it started behaving strangely with our old Samsung TV and would come up with the picture limited to the PIP view size (roughly). Then we found that other than the Chromecast, all our external devices (DVD, Cable decoder) had the same or similar problems. So we replaced the TV with a new one and the HDR-1100S started working again.

Then last week the problem briefly reappeared but after powering down both the HDR 1100S and the TV it seemed to resolve itself. Then this week suddenly there was no picture from the HDR-1100S. Other devices were working so I tried the HDMI lead in another port, I tried using a different lead, I tried a different TV but nothing works. Luckily it seems that the new TV has satellite support so I know the dish is working.

The HDR-1100S powers up, you can hear the hard drive spin up and you can see lights underneath and on the optical port but nothing on the HDMI. I plugged in the device to a wired network and it gets as far as acquiring an IP address suggesting that something is working in there.

My question is, is there some way to talk to the device via the network to see if it is reporting any fault? Does it have an HTML or Telnet option or some other port that should respond. I tried the usual ports (80, 21, 22, 23) but although the device responds to ping, I could not get any reply.

Is it sadly time to say goodbye to this device or is there some other way to diagnose what is happening?

| Fri 19 Mar 2021 5:47:09 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.