My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S. On Demand and Showcase not working

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert21

I have been away and haven't yet had a chance to adjust the BT Hub5 settings as suggested by Repassac. However, On Demand via my Sky+ box was working fine until my subscription ran out last week. I have since connected an old Now TV box and all the On Demand players work well via this device with a wireless connection. I also continue to access all the On Demand players via iPad and computer.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has bought a Humax HDR-1100S in the last few weeks and has successfully connected to the On Demand services and Showcase.

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 11:39:16 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnkdevnull

Just a suggestion but on the webpage BT Home Hub 5 settings it gives instructions for turning off the 'Smart Setup' option as this sometimes interferes with certain devices.

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 12:21:40 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've had a 1100S for quite a while, On Demand and Showcase are working.

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 17:39:46 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harley

Got mine to work tonight ... Took out ethernet cable and connected by wifi ... Started working. Then reconnected ethernet and worked !! Ethernet cable was def connected properly 1st time round so who knows !!!!

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 20:47:53 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I suggest that if this works or not is down to an initial connection(s) to freesat's servers. I speculate that on some hubs the fistime that an IP address is acquired is slower than expected. Just a guess because some have problems but not others. Of course the responses from freesat's servers are also variable, depending on load, will also be a factor.

Some further clarity from freesat would be welcome. As would be their policy on a secure DLNA server addition that we would all welcome.

| Wed 4 Nov 2015 19:58:21 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert21

On Sunday I connected and set up a Roku streaming box on my wireless network. All the on demand players and Netflix worked perfectly. Later in the evening I was surprised to see that Showcase was working on my 1100S. I then checked the on demand players and found that they were all working as well - this was the first time since I bought the 1100S a month ago. The 1100S is connected via WiFi.

After selecting any of the on demand players the screen goes blank for 8 to 10 seconds but then the player loads and works as it should. I had previously waited well in excess of 10 seconds without the player loading. As long as 5 minutes in some tests.

Is it possible that the Roku box has sorted out the previous problem of connecting to the Internet or just a coincidence?

24 hours later Showcase and On Demand are still working both through the on demand players on the Home screen and via the yesterday and earlier pages on theTV Guide.

Thanks to all for you advise.

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 23:39:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

hi, Many thanks

I've tried ethernet, wifi, both, one after the other. Is there a particular section of the post that you think would be worth trying ... thanks.

| Fri 13 Nov 2015 17:08:33 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

REPASSAC - 1 week ago  » 
    I suggest that if this works or not is down to an initial connection(s) to freesat's servers. I speculate that on some hubs the fistime that an IP address is acquired is slower than expected.

I don't have personal experience with the Home Hub 5, but it appears to me the behaviour described below might easily wreak havoc on a Freesat box trying to get itself connected:

Smart Setup is a very annoying feature on this router. Every time you connect a new device to the Home Hub 5 and launch a web browser, the router redirects to a page that advertises all of the free stuff that you get with your broadband account. We've also found that it can stop some devices that don’t have a web browser, such as a home automation system, from connecting to the internet.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1403054/bt-home-hub-5-settings-guide-how-to-get-more-speed-and-make-it-less-annoying

| Fri 13 Nov 2015 17:18:09 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JamesB - 3 hours ago  » 
    I don't have personal experience with the Home Hub 5, but it appears to me the behaviour described below might easily wreak havoc on a Freesat box trying to get itself connected:

Smart Setup is a very annoying feature on this router. Every time you connect a new device to the Home Hub 5 and launch a web browser, the router redirects to a page that advertises all of the free stuff that you get with your broadband account. We've also found that it can stop some devices that don’t have a web browser, such as a home automation system, from connecting to the internet.

That sounds very plausible to me.

| Fri 13 Nov 2015 21:14:59 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert21

Following John's suggestion in an earlier post I did turn off smart setup on my BT Home Hub 5. However, this was a few days before my 1100S successfully connected to the 'on demand' players.

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 11:59:33 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.