My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100s or Foxsat HDR

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gonzini - 9 hours ago  » 
    I see, wasn't sure if it timed out or it was the recording starting that made it go full screen.
    Anyway it seems to work that way so ok for transfering stuff that the H2000T dosen't get.
    Had the first lockup with it tonight, playing back an mp4 from a NAS drive, bombed out after 20mins and jumped to the next file. Picture froze, then audio dropped back to the tuner. Managed to turn it off on the remote and on powering up again seemed to boot up differently but been working since.
    See how it goes...

It does eventually time out, the info is posted somewhere on here. I can't remember how long except it's a relatively long time. You could time it if you fancy experimenting a bit

| Fri 15 Sep 2017 9:02:08 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

Maybe I'll leave it on one day and see what happens.
    Still impressed with it, picture in HD has the edge over the H2000T. Seems to be more detail and better contrast, well on my old TV anyway...

Seems to get quite hot on the top R/H, i guess that's normal.
    Thought about a small fan somewhere to get some airflow through it, something like those laptop fans you sit them on but smaller footprint.

| Sun 17 Sep 2017 14:47:27 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

Well its been a couple of weeks now. Only had one crash after using the youtube app for a few hours. Had to hard power off but it came back up.
    Other than that its been great.
    Can confirm on my unit the home screen times out after 5mins from boot to full screen.
    I've put a small laptop fan unit under mine now, its quite low profile and I'd rather it was more reliable than what it looks like which isn't bad.
    Powers on and off with the rear USB on the Humax which is useful.
    I think it helps things run a bit cooler but there's no ventilation slots underneath on the front R/H so it still gets a bit hot on the top in that area.
    For £3.50 off ebay i thought it was worth go.

Attachments

1. Humax_1100s_fan.jpg (34.4 KB, 2 downloads) 6 years old
    | Sat 30 Sep 2017 11:45:11 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.