My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100s recording issues

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hopper

Hi,
    I have recently purchased the Humax HDR-1100S, everything appears to be working fine with the exception of recordings failing.
    My wife is an avid Coronation street and Emerdale fan, I have set the box to record as a series with all recording settings on "Auto". The Humax records Emerdale OK but always fails to record Coronation Street when there are 2 episodes in a row.
    So Emerdale is followed by Cory part 1 then Cory part 2 - Part 1 is failing to record most of the time. I am not sure if this is due to the football as the TV schedule is altered...or...do I need to change the recording "over run" from auto to a set time?
    I have trawled the NET but can't seem to find a solution...if there is one!?
    The strange thing is that the Humax is trying to record but just leaves a "Failed to record" message.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

| Thu 7 Jul 2016 19:46:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I record both of these using a HDR1000S (same software as 1100S) without issue (even coping with the football and tennis schedule changes). Can you post what version of software you have on the box. If you have the latest, make a note of the recording schedule (photograph with digital camera) and do a reset to factory defaults. Mine is set to auto recording.

Have you other recordings set around the same times as these recordings ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 8 Jul 2016 9:12:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lizzie1

I have a HDR 1000S and I'm having the same problems since the football started - with failed Coronation St, Emmerdales, and now episode 5 of New Blood has also failed . I can cope without the soaps, but when the drama series fails that's a bit Maddening !
    It's worked fine since I bought it 18 months ago . I'll try the factory reset to default mentioned above now and reset the recordings.

| Fri 8 Jul 2016 10:37:19 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lizzie1 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have a HDR 1000S and I'm having the same problems since the football started - with failed Coronation St, Emmerdales, and now episode 5 of New Blood has also failed . I can cope without the soaps, but when the drama series fails that's a bit Maddening !
    It's worked fine since I bought it 18 months ago . I'll try the factory reset to default mentioned above now and reset the recordings.

Are you sure New Blood was actually broadcast ? It's common for programmes to get postponed during Wimbledon and also coincident with the football.

If by episode 5 you mean case 3 episode 1, it's in my recording schedule on 14th July 21:00 although it's available now on iplayer.

| Fri 8 Jul 2016 13:00:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hopper

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply.

Last night (before reading your response) I deleted all schedules, switched off the box and re-booted then reset both Emerdale and Cory to record as a series......
    Tonight they seemed to have recorded fine - I will keep an eye on it next week and if they fail again try a factory reset as suggested.
    Fingers crossed it carries on working......

I am on software version: UKSFAA 3.00.31 (not sure if this is the latest or not).

Other than the recording "glitch" I like the new look menu and the speed it responds - my old foxsat was getting very slow and the screen kept going green (my wife is yet to be convinced of the improvement). The one thing I do really miss is the folders....Why take them away? They kept everything tidy and made recorded programs much easier to find.

Thanks once more - I'll report back in a week to let you know if the new box continues to behave.

| Fri 8 Jul 2016 20:53:34 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hopper - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Last night (before reading your response) I deleted all schedules, switched off the box and re-booted then reset both Emerdale and Cory to record as a series......
    Tonight they seemed to have recorded fine - I will keep an eye on it next week and if they fail again try a factory reset as suggested.
    Fingers crossed it carries on working......
    I am on software version: UKSFAA 3.00.31 (not sure if this is the latest or not).
    Other than the recording "glitch" I like the new look menu and the speed it responds - my old foxsat was getting very slow and the screen kept going green (my wife is yet to be convinced of the improvement). The one thing I do really miss is the folders....Why take them away? They kept everything tidy and made recorded programs much easier to find.
    Thanks once more - I'll report back in a week to let you know if the new box continues to behave.

You have the latest software. You still have folders, just not any way to create your own and organise your recordings.

TBH I guess the problem is down to the constant changes to the scheduled programming (channel and timing), due to the football and tennis. Try following a tennis match which swaps between BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD and clashing content switching channels accordingly. The current system to follow these changes is frankly not up to it. On the other hand, at least the catch up channels (with the BBC HD option at least approaching the original HD quality).

Tonight there is only one option for ITV so it's no surprise it has worked OK.

| Fri 8 Jul 2016 21:26:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Skypilot617

Just back from 3 weeks holiday and I'm in trouble because the Soaps only recorded for the first week that we were away. Any ideas on why. Same happened last year and my wife blamed me for switching off the Router - it runs hot and I'm not prepared to leave it on for such a period. Anyway, I don't see how the box should need the Router to make Freesat recordings - it's a HDR 1100S.

Any ideas?

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 15:54:18 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Interesting. I Not been away for longer than a week.
    Can I ask if you have padding set to auto or not and if you have two LNB's connected and showing in the settings > system info > Signal (see message at foot of screen).

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 17:08:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Skypilot617 - 1 hour ago  » ...switching off the Router...

You most definitely do not need the router on. I've been away for 6 weeks, router switched off, all recordings completed OK.

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 17:30:04 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pitpatjan

Skypilot617 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Just back from 3 weeks holiday and I'm in trouble because the Soaps only recorded for the first week that we were away. Any ideas on why. Same happened last year and my wife blamed me for switching off the Router - it runs hot and I'm not prepared to leave it on for such a period. Anyway, I don't see how the box should need the Router to make Freesat recordings - it's a HDR 1100S.
    Any ideas?

I had this problem a couple of years ago. I had set the Power-on timer to come on at 8am each morning to make sure it turned on. After talking to the Freesat helpline, they told me to also set the Power-off timer each day too as the Humax goes into deep sleep after a week. By making sure it turns itself off and on each day it keeps awake. This also allows you to be able to use the remote "set" app in case you hear of something you'd like to record while you're away - but remember to leave your router on or the recording message won't get through.

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 22:35:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.