My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100s recording issues

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm not sure you can use anyone else's experiences of recording whilst they have been away as a yardstick, as surely it depends what programmes you set to record as opposed to another persons recording schedule.

As Graham remarked the tennis and football has caused issues so if your schedule clashed with those events then you have your reason. I too have had a couple of missed recordings. However, when I did a bit of digging it turns out the programmes had not been broadcast due to tennis.

God how I hate the BBC and its tennis coverage. Why can't they put all the sport on another mux for a few weeks and give us all a break.

| Sat 9 Jul 2016 23:11:52 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hopper

Good evening,

I can report that my recordings only worked successfully once after deleting all set schedules and re-setting them...back to failing again last night.
    I have checked that both receivers were getting a good signal and that no "clashes" were scheduled (only had the wife's Corry and Emma).
    Decided to try the factory reset as suggested earlier on in this post. Just one thing to perhaps note...You need the system password to do a factory reset on my HDR 1100s which I had not set! After looking through posts here found the default code to be "0000".
    After the reset I set my two scheduled programmes again, tonight Emma recorded OK (no Corry on to test tonight).
    I'll report back how it goes during the rest of this week.

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 20:11:23 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hopper

Good evening,

thought I would report back on the recording issue.
    Firstly it is still happening. The night beforeLast I got fed up with it so plugged my old Foxsat box back in - so far no issue with the old Foxsat.
    I contacted Humax by email and also phoned them, they replied with the following:
    Thank you for contacting Humax. A number of customers have expressed difficulties with recording this particular program. Series recordings work by way of the broadcaster issuing start and stop codes that the box listens out for. Should these codes be issued at incorrect times the series will not record successfully. I can only recommend that you try the factory reset and persevere, it is likely that this behavior will no longer occur now that football season is over.
    I am not sure this can be the case as my foxsat is working fine...unless the software on the new boxes receives a different signal to the Foxsat (which I doubt).
    I said that I would give it a few days then return the HDR1100s.

| Fri 15 Jul 2016 20:22:29 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Both Corries and Emmerdale recorded fine (In HD) tonight on my HDR1000S. West Midlands postcode.

| Fri 15 Jul 2016 22:19:06 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.