My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S screen has gone Pink with No Sound

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geggsy125

Humax 1100S 1Tb

Connected to TV via HDMI cable (Supplied by Humax)

Bought the box Monday. Connected it up and it worked for an hour or so. Then next day (Tuesday) I turned it on and picture was pink with no sound. Tried looking through menu but no options. Telephoned support and was asked to swap around HDMI leads. Still same problem so operator said that HDMI socket on box faulty and to return box. I did this. Thursday I set up new box and it worked. Today (Friday) I have turned it on and the picture is pink and there is no sound.!

I have swapped HDMI leads again but still as before.

I ran a software update and during that process the picture was the correct colour. As soon as it had completed the update it returned to pink. During start up when after I completely unplugged it the Humax Logo screen was normal colour then went pink when started up.

Any ideas before I return it for refund and go back to Sky?

Attachments

1. IMG_3956.JPG (124.4 KB, 0 downloads) 8 years old
    | Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:42:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geggsy125 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Humax 1100S 1Tb
    As soon as it had completed the update it returned to pink. During start up when after I completely unplugged it the Humax Logo screen was normal colour then went pink when started up.
    Any ideas before I return it for refund and go back to Sky?

Have you tried adjusting the TV settings for the HDMI port the Humax is connected to?

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:49:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geggsy125

Thanks for getting back Martin. What would I change them to?

The box was working fine on that for 3 hours approx and all the other things have worked on it (Xbox and AppleTV) with no problem. There are 3 HDMI ports on the TV and the Humax has been tried in each of them when both working and now when pink.

Thanks again

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:53:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geggsy125

I would like to return it to it's original instal when I first plugged it in but can't find that on the menu.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:54:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geggsy125

Thank you Martin. You made me think TV not box. I turned the TV off and then back on and the picture is back to normal. It's only been <1 min but that's the furthest I've got.

I am formatting the drive as I did record something last night and wondered if that was a problem... It has finished formatting now and everything is still good

Thanks again Martin

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:59:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sjmmarsh

Check the HDMI cable is inserted properly (both ends). It is probably a dodgy connection

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 23:32:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I would also check the F-connector sat feeds. I had exactly this problem when I purchased my 1000s. Turned out to be a dodgy F-connector. I remade the connection and have never had the issue since.

I must have disturbed something when I disconnected my Sky box - either that or Murdoch was involved.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:53:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.