My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 1800T - DVD recorder

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

I have a PVR9200T which lets me copy programs from the hard drive to a DVD recorder. If I buy a HDR 1800T, can I still copy from the hard disk to a DVD reorder?

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 21:39:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cosmic Rhubarb - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have a PVR9200T which lets me copy programs from the hard drive to a DVD recorder. If I buy a HDR 1800T, can I still copy from the hard disk to a DVD reorder?

You can play back and record in real time using a DVDR ideally with a RGB recording capability using the box scart output assuming the 1800T has RGB out. The recordings will only be SD quality.

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 21:43:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

Oops - I mean ....a DVD recorder!

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 21:43:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

Thank you for your rapid response Graham. On the 9200T, I used the VCR scart socket connected to a scart socket on the DVD recorder to record from the hard disk. Just to clarify - can I use the 1800T scart socket connected to the DVD recorder scart socket to record from the hard disk?
    Regards Dave (Cosmic Rhubarb)

| Tue 19 Feb 2019 21:53:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Cosmic Rhubarb - 11 hours ago  » 
    On the 9200T, I used the VCR scart socket connected to a scart socket on the DVD recorder to record from the hard disk. Just to clarify - can I use the 1800T scart socket connected to the DVD recorder scart socket to record from the hard disk?

The HDR-1800T permits both the SCART and the HDMI to be simultaneously used, (unlike some youview boxes), and there is no macrovision on the SCART and so there are no issues there either.

Longer term you may find the ability to easily extract standard definition recordings digitally via USB useful, or sometimes easier if you do not want a DVD specifically but just a playable recording.

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 9:13:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

Hello Luke. Apologies for repeating myself but I am still unclear as to whether or not I can use the Scart socket on the HDR-1800T to copy from the Hard disk to my DVD recorder.

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 20:20:06 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cosmic Rhubarb - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Hello Luke. Apologies for repeating myself but I am still unclear as to whether or not I can use the Scart socket on the HDR-1800T to copy from the Hard disk to my DVD recorder.

You can't copy the actual digital recording files from the Hard Disk by any analogue connection including scart. Digital copies made for example by usb are identical to the original recordings.

DVD recorders are able to convert analogue recordings to digital (ADC- Analogue to Digital Converter). In the case of a DVDR the digital stream is converted to mpeg2 encoded digital (as found on a DVD-Video Disk and used for SD broadcasting.

This can only be done in real time (usb copies direct from the HDD can be much faster).

You aren't copying from the hard disk just viewing the content and letting the DVD'r convert the analogue to mpeg 2 which is copied to the hard disk.

Say you are watching a HD recording, the process goes like this.

The box converts 1920 x 1080 HD content down to SD 720 x 576. The DVDR recodes this to mpeg2 (the quality and file size depends on the bitrate setting you set the DVDR to use. No reason why you can't do the same with a 1800T as the source, however as there is a much superior way to create DVD-Video Disks why bother ?

Due to the multiple conversions the quality is much reduced.

Using a 1800/2000T the process (and DVDR) isn't required. Simply copy the already mpeg2 files to a PC using USB (giving you perfect copies) and create DVD-Video discs on a PC DVD burner using DVD mastering software like DVD Flick.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 20:54:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

OK thanks for the info. I purchased a refurbished 1800T last week.It has been working correctly to date.I have the house aerial plugged into the box and a cable from the box to my Technica tv. The Humax supplied HDMI cable goes from box to tv. It was on BBC and a text page this morning using the tv source button HDMI1. I went outside in the afternoon and then to the shops. When I returned, the blue light was on the box but the tv had switched to the tv source button Freeview. I switched the source back to HDMI1 and there is a picture but no sound. I tried changing HDMI cables and switching both TV and Humax box off and on via the remotes. No change - no sound. I unplugged the Humax box and tried again. The Humax box has the red button on. Pressing the remote or box standby buttons causes the red light to flicker once and stay red. Any suggestions or just send it back? I realise this probably doesn't come under the heading '1800T - DVD recorder'. I can open a forum page with '1800T - no sound if required. Thank you.

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 20:04:57 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cosmic Rhubarb - 46 minutes ago  » 
    OK thanks for the info. I purchased a refurbished 1800T last week.It has been working correctly to date.I have the house aerial plugged into the box and a cable from the box to my Technica tv. The Humax supplied HDMI cable goes from box to tv. It was on BBC and a text page this morning using the tv source button HDMI1. I went outside in the afternoon and then to the shops. When I returned, the blue light was on the box but the tv had switched to the tv source button Freeview. I switched the source back to HDMI1 and there is a picture but no sound. I tried changing HDMI cables and switching both TV and Humax box off and on via the remotes. No change - no sound. I unplugged the Humax box and tried again. The Humax box has the red button on. Pressing the remote or box standby buttons causes the red light to flicker once and stay red. Any suggestions or just send it back? I realise this probably doesn't come under the heading '1800T - DVD recorder'. I can open a forum page with '1800T - no sound if required. Thank you.

This thread may be relevant.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/no-sound-humax-hdr-1800t

What software version does the box have installed ?

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=1185&curr_page=sw_release

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 20:52:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

Further info 2 hours later - remote control now turns red light to blue but 'No Signal' is the result. Tried unplugging - blue light - no signal.
    Just noticed your reply : the first thing I did when I got the box was to download the latest software.

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 21:10:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.