My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 1800T - DVD recorder

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

Ok I did a search on '1800T no sound' earlier today and nothing relevant came up??
    I have read the threads suggested. 1. the manual says download OTA How am I, or anyone else, supposed to know that this is wrong? 2. Why was this software not loaded before sending out the product? 3. would I recommend Humax after this can of worms - No.
    The 'fix' is on and I have sound at last. Humax are a disgrace for allowing a defective product to be sold and not updating the User Manual.
    Thank you for your help. Why haven't Humax taken any notice of the complaints?
    How do I stop the infuriating 'time' display?
    Regards
    Cosmic Rhubarb
    p.s Th 9200 is far more user friendly.

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 22:16:01 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cosmic Rhubarb - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Ok I did a search on '1800T no sound' earlier today and nothing relevant came up??
    I have read the threads suggested. 1. the manual says download OTA How am I, or anyone else, supposed to know that this is wrong? 2. Why was this software not loaded before sending out the product? 3. would I recommend Humax after this can of worms - No.
    The 'fix' is on and I have sound at last. Humax are a disgrace for allowing a defective product to be sold and not updating the User Manual.
    Thank you for your help. Why haven't Humax taken any notice of the complaints?
    How do I stop the infuriating 'time' display?
    Regards
    Cosmic Rhubarb
    p.s Th 9200 is far more user friendly.

Download OTA for all boxes was stopped a while ago. For Freeview boxes only download from the internet or IP updates is available.

Nothing to do with Humax. At least you should thank Humax for fixing the issue.

I do not have the box so have never experienced the issue, however I have a vague memory of the issue being fixed. I took about 30 seconds to find the required update.

As the DTG update procedure was withdrawn long before you bought the box how can you possibly blame Humax or ayone else.

Frankly - No point in your post lacking even the courtesy to acknowledge thanks for pointing you to the solution. I wish I hadn't bothered

No idea what the infuriating time dssplay means

Had you actually explained what this means you might get a an answer.

Why do you think anyone helping has the same box as you have.

In future - Box Model. Current Software Model woukd help members with the actual box would help (and lose the attitude )

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/02/end-of-over-air-freeview-tv-software.html

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 22:53:08 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Cosmic Rhubarb - 4 hours ago  » 

I just did a internet search engine myhumax.org site search using "1800T no sound" and the top result was
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/no-sound-humax-hdr-1800t/page/4#post-68001

Not the best of the many threads but it definitely is relevant.

The many other threads in the search results do clarify the situation and what is needed to resolve if anyone still has the issue.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:11:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosmic Rhubarb

Hello Luke - thanks for your advice.
    My mistake was to search on the Forum Search and not the internet search - apologies.
    Fyi: after trying many times to update the software via various FAT32 USBs with no success, calls to Humax Support finally resolved it by suggesting:
    Cable from router to ethernet socket on the box, HDMI cable from box to TV, and Factory default on Box. Success. Thanks again.

| Tue 5 Mar 2019 12:08:27 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.