My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound Humax HDR-1800T

(34 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jacklx - 1 hour ago  » 
    yam535
    I'd be reluctant to introduce a splitter as these introduce a loss of 3dB (I think). You can check signal strength referring to page 40 of the user manual. Perhaps a mains powered signal booster might be a worthwhile investment. I use a splitter and a signal booster which enables me to have two co-ax connections, one to TV the other to the Humax which is set to power save in standby. This enables me to watch the TV while Humax is OFF.
    Incidentally in a previous post I inserted a typo, I DO have an 1800T not 1100T. Of course any saving I might make by selecting power save in standby is probably negated by the consumption of the signal booster.
    I still have an intermittent problem with what I conclude is the failure of the disc to start up and I recently discovered that this failure occurred after having a mains shut down when the bloke came to install so-called smart metering. I seem to have discovered a work around when disc appears to be in non-rotate mode; I switch off and then switch on using the button on the front rather than the remote.

If a 3dB loss has an effect on your picture it must be right on the edge of the digital cliff. Digital isn't like analogue it either works 100% or not at all, with a small signal area that constantly breaks down into a pixellated mess.

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ampsandsplitters.html#Splitters

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 12:27:16 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

As I am quite new to this forum I found this post on Google.I have just put a post on here regarding the sound problem.I have HDR-1800T Model and whenever I turn it on there is no sound and have to turn it off and on at the mains which is a pain.I use a HDMI 3 way hub as I have three units to connect so any advice would be appreciated and as I said in my new post I also have a PVR-9150T Model and the sound is fine on it.

| Mon 6 Aug 2018 10:29:12 #32 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

blueman has been answered on his other thread.

| Mon 6 Aug 2018 15:02:55 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gnomeface

A week ago I bought a new 1800T box (Currys) and installed it. Far better than the aged TVonics box it replaced, and excellent menu and EPG displays. BUT it soon displayed two problems...

(1) I was getting picture break-up occasionally, particularly on HD (which the old box couldn’t decode), but also on channels that my 6-year old basic TV and old TVonics box had no problem with;
    (2) I lost sound whenever I reverted to TV then back to Humax again.
    After a day of struggling I emailed Humax Support. After another 3 days waiting I decided to give up and return the Humax box next time in town - but I did do a bit of research in the meantime and ultimately found solutions to both problems..

(1) The Humax box tuning system finds all MUX channels with a decent signal – but locks onto the lowest-numbered version of each one. Unknown to me, my aerial picks up two transmitters in the same region, one with 50% strength and the other with 90% - but because the 50% one has lower channel numbers the Humax box selected them. My TV decoder selects the other set (as did my old TVonics box) and both gave a good picture, hence I naturally thought that the Humax box was faulty. Once I discovered what was happening I forced the Humax box to drop all tuning then did a manual tune and selected the better MUX numbers – and this solved it; I’ll still need to retune it manually every time the program allocations change.
    It would have helped if Humax had included some advice about this in the manual.

(2) Then I found this thread! The “sound loss” problem has been around for ages, but has it finally been sorted? The software fix was supposedly released by Humax in February/March 2018 so my box, bought in August, was surely up-to-date?
    No, still on version 18 from 2017! I’ve just downloaded and installed the version 20 update, and it does seem to have fixed the "sound loss" issue.

So, I’ll keep the Humax box and see if Humax Support ever answers my request for help – and if they do, will they give me the correct answers?

Many thanks to the contributors to this thread.

| Tue 21 Aug 2018 0:14:08 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.