My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T and Sony Bravia sync

(11 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gruppy63 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi there again,
    You are right about the HD / SD channel audio. When I managed to get access to the TV tonight, I tested out the SD channel and I was able to change the volume via the HUMAX box.
    I had changed the setting of my HUMAX box to MULTI output instead of STEREO to get the most out of the Sony HT-XT1 sound base.
    I will live with this shortcoming - I got the Sound base to improve the audio experience. But it is good to know the reason behind the anomaly.

If you wan't to retain the Dolby Digital output, the solution is very simple. Listen to a HD channel and set the volume control of whatever you use for audio to a normal listening level (in your case likely to be your TV volume control).

Now switch to a SD channel and use the box remote volume control to about the same level (note the setting, if you have to do a reset you will need to reset the volume).

From then on use the volume control for your sound source to vary the volume. Some Humax remotes allow you to control the TV volume by pressing the TV button, some universal remotes allow what is called volume punch through to control the audio source independently of the main buttons.

| Sun 28 Feb 2016 23:50:41 #11 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.