My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T and Sony Bravia sync

(11 posts)
  1. Archaepon

Archaepon

Hi all, Has anyone had problems with the Bravia link when the PVR is plugged into a HDMI input on their telly? I had sync problems with my Sony DVD, the telly would not locate the DVD automatically and give me the Sync Menu. When I connected just the DVD and did another sync 'find' the DVD was instantly detected! However, when I re-connected the Humax the sync menu screen was greyed out and the telly would not automatically change the HDMI input to the DVD. Unplug ie remove the HDMI cable to the Humax and the menu reappears as it should be: able to control the dvd and telly from one handset. It has been suggested that it is a CEC issue on the HDMI.
    Any ideas out there?

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 19:13:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gruppy63

Hi There, I have recently purchased a Sony Sound base and attempted to setup BRAVIA Sync/ARC between my Sony TV, HTXT1 TV Sound base, Sony Bu ray Player and HUMAX HDR-2000T. I have found that the HUMAX PVR blocks the BRAVIA Sync/ARC functionality when it is powered on or in Standby (none power mode set-to enable feedthrough of aerial).

On the Sony Forum I have been informed that HUMAX have an issue with this and have not solved it - they are not compliant with HDMI Control. To overcome this you can buy an HDMI adaptor from Amazon that has pin 13 disconnected that stops issues with HDMI control (LINDY HDMI CEC Less Adapter, Female to Male).

I have not tried this yet - awaiting response from HUMAX support.

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 11:32:24 #2 |
  3. Archaepon

Archaepon

Hi Gruppy63, This adapter has been tried by a Humax 2000T user. It failed. Link: https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3P04DRV9YQDJM?_encoding=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&cdMSG=addedToThread&cdPage=&newContentID=Mx196AG850SCDOJ&newContentNum=1&ref_=ask_dp_lswr_rp_hza#CustomerDiscussionsNRPB I hope that works> Or look for the adapter in Amazon. It might have been a faulty adapter or Humax have blocked the fix on pin 13! Not sure why they would do that though! No point and wasted energy? Any use to you? ps the adapter is £9! I might give it a go though.

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 12:59:21 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Archaepon - 48 seconds ago  » 
    Hi Gruppy63, This adapter has been tried by a Humax 2000T user. It failed. Link: https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3P04DRV9YQDJM?_encoding=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&cdMSG=addedToThread&cdPage=&newContentID=Mx196AG850SCDOJ&newContentNum=1&ref_=ask_dp_lswr_rp_hza#CustomerDiscussionsNRPB I hope that works> Or look for the adapter in Amazon. It might have been a faulty adapter or Humax have blocked the fix on pin 13! Not sure why they would do that though! No point and wasted energy? Any use to you? ps the adapter is £9! I might give it a go though.

How could Humax block anything ? Pin 13 carries the cec data signals. If it's not there there is no way for the two units to talk to each other.

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 13:01:50 #4 |
  5. Archaepon

Archaepon

How could Humax block anything ? Pin 13 carries the cec data signals. If it's not there there is no way for the two units to talk to each other.

I answered that question myself! There is no need to be so grumpy. I was pandering to conspiracy theory scares! It was a JOKE!

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 13:12:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have an older (6 -7 yrs) Sony that never played well with my 2000t, I had to pull the power lead on the Humax on a daily basis because no picture/signal was detected by my tv after being powered off (tv). Nothing else connected to the tv via hdmi caused this problem.
    My new 4000 displays as it should, shame about the rest of it..

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 14:28:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gruppy63

Just an update to my problem with the Sony BRAVIS Sync /ARC functionality not working with the HUMAX HDR-2000T.

HUMAX support have confirmed via an email that "the HDR-2000T is not HDMI CEC Enabled so it will not work with the BRAVIA Sync function".

I have purchased a LINDY HDMI F/M CEC Less Adapter from Amazon. When this is fitted to the HUMAX HDMI output, I get full control of the Sony BRAVIA Sync / ARC functionality. The only minor problem is that the HUMAX volume control no longer works. You need to used the TV volume instead.

Hope this helps.

| Fri 26 Feb 2016 22:23:44 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gruppy63 - 12 hours ago  » 
    Just an update to my problem with the Sony BRAVIS Sync /ARC functionality not working with the HUMAX HDR-2000T.
    HUMAX support have confirmed via an email that "the HDR-2000T is not HDMI CEC Enabled so it will not work with the BRAVIA Sync function".
    I have purchased a LINDY HDMI F/M CEC Less Adapter from Amazon. When this is fitted to the HUMAX HDMI output, I get full control of the Sony BRAVIA Sync / ARC functionality. The only minor problem is that the HUMAX volume control no longer works. You need to used the TV volume instead.
    Hope this helps.

Can't imagine why disabling pin 13 can possibly cause this.

Are you trying to adjust the volume on a HD channel. If so that's normal and down to the Dolby Digital audio output. The volume level is hard coded into the data, to alter it requires the data stream recoding) . SD channel audio should be controllable (PCM stereo is output).

You can force HD to output PCM stereo by Menu - Settings - Preferences - Audio - Digital Audio Output - Stereo.

| Sat 27 Feb 2016 10:58:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gruppy63

Hi There,

My guess is:

The loss of the volume control is due to the Sony TV recognising that the Sound Base HT-XT1 is connected and therefore switching to this audio system instead of using its own speakers. When this occurs, the TV also changes the volume control from Variable to Fixed, it is this action that inhibits the HUMAX volume control.

| Sun 28 Feb 2016 21:38:08 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gruppy63

Hi there again,

You are right about the HD / SD channel audio. When I managed to get access to the TV tonight, I tested out the SD channel and I was able to change the volume via the HUMAX box.

I had changed the setting of my HUMAX box to MULTI output instead of STEREO to get the most out of the Sony HT-XT1 sound base.

I will live with this shortcoming - I got the Sound base to improve the audio experience. But it is good to know the reason behind the anomaly.

| Sun 28 Feb 2016 23:36:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.