My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T frequent picture & sound breakup

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

We also have a brand new BT Youview box which is made by Humax and that works OK, no signal loss to the TV on start or when its recording. So I have got a splitter on the Arial one to the 2000T, and the out goes to the Youview then loop through to the TV which work great. The 4000T is in the bed room which is looped through to the TV so we do get signal loss when it starts recording or you take out of standby, but it don't matter to us. But I can assure you all its nothing to do with the leads, it ether software or or the way its made.

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 23:25:30 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

During the time I had a 2000T, the loopthrough option was simply not available. Not sure when it was added but it doesn't seem all that surprising if there are problems, since it was an afterthought.

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 23:38:19 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gallopinhairpin

That's my feeling. I suspect they haven't got it properly sorted.

| Mon 15 Feb 2016 23:42:59 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

When I had the issue I moved the box from under the TV and made sure the leads were completely separated i.e. no leads touch or near one another. It didn't make one tat worth of difference. I also tried various leads too - again nothing.

The only thing that works and works reliably is not to use loop-thru with the 2000T, it simply isn't 100% reliable and I suspect it's due to the retro fit. Whoever it was that never thought to include loop-thru at point of manufacture should have got 'plonker of the year' award.

As said before a passive splitter costing less than a couple of quid solves the issue.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 0:20:37 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

I employed a passive splitter from the aerial wall socket which immediately cured the problem - I think the splitter cost the princely sum of £1.64p - well worth the outlay.

I have similar problems with picture breakup on 2000T connected to Sony tv with HDMI but not on the old CRT TV connected with scart. For that I used a passive splitter at the Humax input. So I'm wondering if I used it again but like you at the wall socket. Presumably one split goes to the Humas and another to the TV in. But do you also need a splitter at the TV to take the output from the Humax?

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 1:33:05 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pseudonym - 12 minutes ago  » 
    But do you also need a splitter at the TV to take the output from the Humax?

No; the output from the Humax is either HDMI or SCART.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 1:46:06 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gallopinhairpin

Faust - 10 hours ago  » As said before a passive splitter costing less than a couple of quid solves the issue.

....and that is exactly what I've ended up with. In my case the splitter is inserted at the end of the co-ax from the wall socket and then two short cables go to the Humax and the Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder which is then looped through to the panasonic TV.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 10:53:37 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

You have to love a cheap and simple solution that actually works.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 15:38:14 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.