My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR FOX T2 with no HDMI output

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

treaclebob

My T2 is just over two years old. It worked fine until last week, when it stopped sending output to HDMI. On power up, the startup screen is visible, then about one second of the selected channel, followed by nothing. Checked with a separate monitor, so not a problem with the TV. Tried powering off at the wall; also managed to do a factory reset using the front panel display. No change in either case. Don't have anything with a SCART input, so can't try that.

Has anyone seen or fixed a similar problem? If not, has anyone got experience of having a T2 repaired? Cost and time taken?

Thanks, tb.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 21:31:04 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Just a punt as you seem to have narrowed it done somewhat.

You could try to alter the resolution of the output from the Hummy by using the V-format button on the remote.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 22:05:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

treaclebob

Good suggestion, Wallace, thanks.

The same HDMI cable works fine with a Blu-ray player. I've just tried the T2 with another cable, and it's working this morning. This might be down to the fact that it's been powered off for a day, so I'll have to see how it goes.

It was in the installation menu after the factory reset, and the V-format button seems to have no effect at this point.

| Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:04:39 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.