My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000S (almost) completely dead

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vorix

It was on an open AV rack shelf under the TV. It did have the DVD player on top but when you look at how large the case is in comparison to what is inside then it's hard to believe overheating is the issue.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 18:45:31 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think the network LED is powered from the router.
    It is quite possible that the power supply is delivering 12v but is now unable to deliver sufficient amps.

You could try carefully connecting it to another 12v source if you can work out the correct polarity.

| Mon 18 Jan 2016 7:02:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vorix

I bought a new 1100 and tried the power supply from that to check on the defunct box. Nothing happened, so it appears whatever it has afflicted it is terminal.
    Main annoyance with the 1100 is that they have done away with the front display! However on the box it came in they seem to show it having one.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 23:48:43 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vorix

I just checked the HDD and although unreadable (obviously) on a Windows machine, it did show up as a healthy drive in Disk Management, so it wasn't the disk that was an issue - must be something on the motherboard. I guess I'll keep the disk as a spare. Anyone here want the rest of the unit to see if they can coax it back to life?

| Sat 30 Jan 2016 16:53:08 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Vorix - 41 minutes ago  » 
    I just checked the HDD and although unreadable (obviously) on a Windows machine, it did show up as a healthy drive in Disk Management, so it wasn't the disk that was an issue - must be something on the motherboard. I guess I'll keep the disk as a spare. Anyone here want the rest of the unit to see if they can coax it back to life?

I would suggest that you keep the unit and disk for now.
    While only my view, I think the number and randomness of this problem suggests firmware treating, a possibly minor problem, incorrectly.
    It has been mentioned that the problem is being investigated and hopefully it will be tracked down soon.

| Sat 30 Jan 2016 17:40:15 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.