My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000s and new Samsung TV

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane41

Hello,

I've just installed my new TV (Samsung 40KS7000) and have connected my Humax to hdmi port 2 and an Xbox to hdmi 1. We usually use either the Xbox or the humax, with the other one being put into Standby when not in use. When using the Xbox, the tv periodically switches to hdmi 2 (humax) and then gives us a message that the input for hdmi 2 is powered down. This is quite disruptive. It is OK if we leave the humax switched on, but I don't see why we should have to do this. I've been through Samsung tech support and done some diagnostics, and they are now saying it could be something to do with the humax - a setting might need adjusting? I've tried adjusting the power saving setting on the humax to Normal but that didn't solve the problem? If anyone could shed any light on what might be going on then I would be most grateful.

| Sat 31 Dec 2016 15:17:15 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Either turn off CEC control on the TV (Anynet+) or fit a cec removal adapter to the HDR1000S hdmi cable. The Humax turns on the HDMI output for a very short period when it wakes from sby to make a scheduled recording. CEC control on the TV auto selects the HDMI port it's connected to on the TV which has no video/audio.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female/dp/B00DL48KVI/?tag=blusas008-21

Welcome to our forum.

| Sat 31 Dec 2016 15:50:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Also some TV's have the capability to detect activity on certain HDMI ports and automatically switch to it. (Nothing to do with CEC control). Usually this can be turned off in settings too.

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 12:14:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Reffub - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Also some TV's have the capability to detect activity on certain HDMI ports and automatically switch to it. (Nothing to do with CEC control). Usually this can be turned off in settings too.

On my 2015 Samsung there is no mention of that facility. However, I have the 1000S on HDMI1, CEC (anynet+) off. I switch on the TV and then the Humax. If HDMI1 was the active port when the TV was switched off then it is always the active port when switched on. If not I use the Source button on the R/C. Never have a problem.

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 12:51:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Pollensa1946 - 54 minutes ago  » 

On my 2015 Samsung there is no mention of that facility. However, I have the 1000S on HDMI1, CEC (anynet+) off. I switch on the TV and then the Humax. If HDMI1 was the active port when the TV was switched off then it is always the active port when switched on. If not I use the Source button on the R/C. Never have a problem.

I have a Panasonic (a few years old now) and only one of the HDMI ports (#2 I think) has this active HDMI port detection, it was a pain before I turned it off.

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 13:50:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Reffub - 3 minutes ago  » ...I have a Panasonic (a few years old now) and only one of the HDMI ports (#2 I think) has this active HDMI port detection, it was a pain before I turned it off.

I have two Panasonic, 2012/2013, and it's HDMI1, which as you say can be switched on/off in Settings.

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 13:55:22 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 5 minutes ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 54 minutes ago  » 

I have a Panasonic (a few years old now) and only one of the HDMI ports (#2 I think) has this active HDMI port detection, it was a pain before I turned it off.

Usually HDMI1

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 13:55:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Looks like I was wrong I got confused with ARC which is HDMI2, I don't use that either.

| Sun 1 Jan 2017 14:18:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane41

Hello, thanks for all your answers. I have tried turning off CEC/Anynet on the TV settings but this didn't work. I've also purchased the CEC-less adapter and this has not fixed the problem either. The TV switches to Humax on hdmi2 approx every 30 mins despite active use of hdmi1 for the xbox. So it sounds like there is some sort of active port detection going on that is not CEC. Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for in the Tv settings? Many thanks Jane

| Tue 3 Jan 2017 18:21:07 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Trying swapping the devices around, Humax on HDMI1.

| Tue 3 Jan 2017 18:32:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.