My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000s and new Samsung TV

(19 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jane41 - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Hello, thanks for all your answers. I have tried turning off CEC/Anynet on the TV settings but this didn't work. I've also purchased the CEC-less adapter and this has not fixed the problem either. The TV switches to Humax on hdmi2 approx every 30 mins despite active use of hdmi1 for the xbox. So it sounds like there is some sort of active port detection going on that is not CEC. Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for in the Tv settings? Many thanks Jane

Have you downloaded and paired the remote scheduling app ?

| Tue 3 Jan 2017 18:36:50 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane41

Thanks again for prompt replies. I've swapped the hdmi connections over so Xbox is on hdmi 2 and humax is on hdmi1. I've been through the TV set up so that it has auto detected the two devices. I've also used a new hdmi cable between humax and TV. I've noticed the "icon" for the Humax as shown on the TV source menu has changed to something different. Just watching TV now, so probably won't know if it has worked until tomorrow.

Sorry if this is a daft question - by remote scheduling app, do you mean the Humax app that you can get on iPhone so you can set it to record while away from home? If so, yes we have it, but haven't used it for months now. why would this have a bearing on the problem?

| Tue 3 Jan 2017 19:53:13 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Jane41 - 33 minutes ago  » ...Sorry if this is a daft question - by remote scheduling app, do you mean the Humax app that you can get on iPhone so you can set it to record while away from home? If so, yes we have it, but haven't used it for months now. why would this have a bearing on the problem?

Because it boots up the Humax every 20 mins to look for scheduled recordings. If you don't use it then unpair it.

| Tue 3 Jan 2017 20:27:33 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane41

Thanks again for all your answers. I've made some progress. Switching cables around didn't make any difference, but disconnecting from the remote scheduling app has reduced the frequency of interruption from every 20-30 mins to once per 3 hours. When the interruptions occur we have noticed the time display on the Humax goes off for a moment and then comes back on. Does anyone know why it might be doing this? We have a portable hard drive connected to the Humax. Not sure if this would have an effect - perhaps Humax periodically checking its still there?

Cheers

Jane

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 14:27:14 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Check the TV HDMI setup options for auto hdmi selection options other than Anynet+ to see if there is any option to turn off selection based on port activity.

When did you unpair the app ? Once unpaired the only boots should be down to power on timer or scheduled recordings due within 15 mins.

It might be worth making a note/photographing your recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults. You will have to re-enter your schedule and also any changes you may have made to default settings (Box Volume) for instance.

Are you by any chance using a satellite tuner on your TV ?

With the box in full low power sby (the default) there is no time display. Have you for some reason turned off low power sby ?

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 15:32:21 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have no problems at all with my Samsung series 6000, but I remember a few months ago a user had HDMI problems with his series 7000 which had a separate HDMI module to which all devices were attached and then a single connection to the TV. This in contrast to multiple HDMI on the TV. Is this the case with your TV?

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 20:13:02 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane41

Thanks Graham. I've checked through the TV settings and there is nothing obviously related to hdmi set up options except for the anynet. The remote app was unpaired a couple of days ago and took effect fairly quickly after we forced the humax to reset by disconnecting its power for a few minutes. I'm trying to avoid a factory reset as our recording schedule is quite extensive but will give it a go after I try a couple of other things if I really have to. The interruptions are definitely happening when the Humax is not coming on to record anything. Not sure what it's trying to do!

We are not using the satellite tuner on the TV as we only have 2 satellite feeds coming in which connect to the humax. We turned off the low power standb on humax thinking this could be the cause of the problem. We've now set this back to low power and will observe during tomorrow's Xbox gaming session.

Pollesa, our new TV has the separate hdmi module like the other user you mention. There are no hdmi sockets on the TV itself, it all goes through the module which connects to the tv via a single connection. Did the other user find a solution to their problems? We previously had a 5000 series and never had any problems, but all the sockets were direct to the TV.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 21:42:50 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I cannot locate the previous users post on the Samsung 7000 series. The search facility on these forums is rubbish. I suspect that the HDMI activity you are now seeing, every few hours, is a recording starting. The Humax may well activate the HDMI port at that time. If so then your 7000 module is likely sensitive to activity on any port and is switching. HDMI is a good idea gone spectacularly bad in implementation. You could test that theory by setting a recording at a very specific time and then wait for the problem to occur (the box will boot up 15 mins before the scheduled time). If it can be proved then your only recourse is to seek help from Samsung. Other than that you need to identify precisely why the Humax is activating its HDMI port on the regular basis that it is doing.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 12:32:31 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jane41

Thought I would post an update just in case anyone else has a similar problem. Apparently 2016 Samsung TVs have a "feature" which causes the auto switching. It is separate to CEC. Apparently this autodetect feature cannot be switched off. For now, I'm investing in a manual HDMI switcher and living in hope of a software update to fix what is otherwise fine telly.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 7:26:27 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.