My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000s & BT HH 6/2 don't get on well it seems

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Gowman - 1 day ago  » 
    really don't know how but two days on we're back in business, suspect BT were the gremlins

It would be interesting to know the results of the network diagnostics now the problem seems to be fixed, to compare with the previous results you showed. There is a problem, I believe, with some ISPs/routers, and connection to HUMAX FVP, and I have been trying to pin it down for some months now and your example would be very helpful.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 8:57:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In my own experience there is no problem with BT if you bin the supplied Router and invest in a decent one. It often surprises me that people are prepared to spend lots of money on STB's, TV's, Amps etc but use the rubbish Router supplied by their ISP.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:51:03 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Pollensa1946 - 56 mins ago  » 
    In my own experience there is no problem with BT if you bin the supplied Router and invest in a decent one. It often surprises me that people are prepared to spend lots of money on STB's, TV's, Amps etc but use the rubbish Router supplied by their ISP.

I can relate to this comment. However, many folks might feel that, if all their other devices work OK with an ISP supplied router why spend more money for something that may seems more complicated and have, for them, unnecessary features. It does seem however, that HUMAX devices (from my limited experiences with FVP5000 and HD-FOXT2), have difficulty with ISP supplied routers AND with some low end other brands. I am trying to understand why this should be so. The main issue I have found is that if the HUMAX device reports that it is using the router address as a DNS server then all works for a few hours after router reboot and then FVPlay functions become unavailable.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 11:57:12 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.