My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000S - Recommendations or avoid

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ronniebarker

I have recently kicked Sky in to touch as they were cahrging me almost £100 per month. I have swapped over to BT with a youview box and Infinity broadband.

I am looking at a multiroom setup but BT youview does not support two youview boxes on the same network.

Therefore I am investigating having youview with freeview in one room and get a 1000s freesat box connected to my old sky dish.

Would you recommend this option or avoid buying the HDR1000S as there seems to be a lot of issues with this box.

Many thanks

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 12:25:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I had an issue with the HDR1000S, it got itself into a continuous rebooting loop on Saturday, but Humax were really helpful and I now have a replacement box sitting here with me.

Other than this, I've had no problems with the box. I haven't had any issues with recording, missed recordings, etc. the main gripe for me is the TV guide is really sluggish, and getting to your favourite channels is a pain, but I'm hopeful this will be sorted with a software update.

Overall, I would still recommend this box. I certainly wouldn't go back to a paid subscription TV service like Sky or BT.

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 13:21:59 #2 |
  3. chrisund123

chrisund123

I've had no issues with my box until the weekend, when it decided to wipe all my recordings.

Apart from that I'm very happy with it.

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 13:45:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

currently I'd say avoid the HDR-1000S, I have not the confidence that Humax will make this live up to expectations. I have one and I live in hope.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 0:21:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

I wish I purchased a different box. So far my 1000S 500GB box has totally wiped the hard drive at 33% full, stopped resuming recordings from where you left off so now we have to forward wind all the time. Still has NO 4od or 5 on demand and does not let you install any other apps like YouTube as advertised you can on the box.

I don't trust this freesat box now and think it will format the hard drive again when it feels like it.

I recommend you spend your £280 on something else.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 2:24:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Onanov

Other than a minor issue in that It did not record some programmes ( an issue which I believe is now fixed http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-10022/page/3#post-15791 ) I am very happy with my 1000s box, and love the DNLA capabilities.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 18:57:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

I echo that. I love my HDR 1000s. Apart from the odd programme not recording which is now fixed, mine works great. Love I can stream movies and music from my pc

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 23:07:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

i agree with tonagee. just dont. its made me feel like a guinea pig.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 22:29:38 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.