My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000s & XBox1 /xbox one hdmi

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Trying to watch my HDR1000s via my Xbox One using the xb's built in hdmi pass through and cannot get it to work.

Once the Freesat start screen appears (when I turn on the hdr) it only shows a black screen.

Have tried both 50hz & 60hz settings on the xb1 which also has the latest Oct 2014 update installed. I have also tested with other hdmi sources and it works fine, just not with hdrs.

Does anybody have this working???

Thanks

TBird1

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 8:10:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Bump

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 17:30:33 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have access to a Xbox One anymore (Grandson swapped his for a PS4).

For what it's worth pass through works fine with a Sony STRDN1050 AV receiver from my HDR1000S box to a Sony TV.

You may struggle to find a member with the same kit as you have.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 17:45:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cryingscotsman

I have my hdr1000s passed through the Xbox one and it works fine(ish)

For the most part it works with no problems, but every now again it has had to be reset to get a signal through for some reason, it's pretty rare but has happened.

Can only suggest you try a new cable - it shouldn't make a difference but it seems there are some issues with the handshake so it might help.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 20:11:54 #4 |
  5. DrVenkman

DrVenkman

I have a similair issue. You may find problems when changing from an HD channel to an SD channel and when starting the box when the last channel was an SD channel.

The problem I found (which I didn't have with my Sky box (and I am only a few days into ownership of my Freesat box)) is that it is the TV app itself in the Xbox that crashes. If this happens, you can highlight the app when it is in the main dashboard window, pressing the options button on the Xbox One controller or media remote and choosing "Quit". This will close the app. You may need to do this twice, but it will save you have to fully restart your Xbox.

Additionally, I am part of the preview programme for Xbox One and regularly submit bugs as part of this process (and, you will be glad to hear, usually get them fixed!) so I have submitted this issue to the Xbox Preview team. I will post back here if they identify the issue.

Cheers
    Paul

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:35:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.