My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1010S startup problems

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CC

Hi,
    I've had my Freesat HDR1010S for about 20 months but an intermittent problem I've had has become ever more frequent. When I first turn the PVR on, it boots up with the freetime logo & then displays the channel but I get no picture or sound on the TV (a Pioneer plasma). Switching on & off the Humax and/or the TV has no affect; the only solution is to pull the power lead out the back of the Humax, leave it 30 seconds then power it back on. This usually does the trick but is becoming so annoying, especially when a match is just about to start!
    Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 22:02:05 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Have you tried unplugging, and reconnecting the HDMI cable?

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 22:15:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CC

Yes I tried doing that after I read something on another post on here but it didn't make any difference.

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 22:50:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you tried changing HD channel digital audio to stereo in the box Settings - TV and Audio setup option.

| Tue 14 Jun 2016 8:59:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

CC

Hi Graham,
    Confused by your suggestion as when it's actually working I don't have any problems with the sound. Reading back my original post I didn't make it clear that I get the freetime then channel name on the display on the Humax box, not on the TV.

| Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:36:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

This sounds very much like a HDMI handshake issue. My first suspect would be the TV given you say it's a Pioneer. Whilst a cracking good TV in their day, it must be a few years old now.

My neighbour has recently had an almost identical problem with his TV (Sony) and Sky box. It turned out the TVs HDMI port was going bad and would produce an intermittent loss of sound and picture. He's had the port repaired and everything is okay again.

| Tue 14 Jun 2016 22:31:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

CC

Thanks for your comments so far. I now seem to have pin-pointed when this problem occurs: If I watch TV every day (which I have been since the Euros have been on!)I've had no problems & it's started fine every time. I was not at home last weekend so hadn't used the TV for a couple of days & on the first time I tried to watch TV on the Monday I experienced the same problems & had to resort to killing the power a couple of times until it worked. Since that, no problems with daily use.
    Does this give anyone any ideas or solutions?

Thanks

| Thu 23 Jun 2016 17:09:14 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.