My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Since the last update I haven't had any issues at all if I turn on my internet router first, then my Humax box and TV. I used to turn on my Humax box and TV before my router but if I did then I would get a message stating that On demand was unavailable or no broadband etc.

As stated before I always turn off my Humax box, TV and router at the mains socket every night and then back on again the next day.

Now I always boot up my router first, then turn on everything else once it's running.

| Fri 12 Dec 2014 1:40:38 #721 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have found that at the last update they restored the ability to turn on in any order. If I turn on the TV and box first then the router later then the box displays a message to indicate that the network is now available. This is how it originally worked and it now works that way again (for me anyway).

| Fri 12 Dec 2014 9:36:08 #722 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Strange because mine is the opposite, router first and then the Humax box has something to lock onto I guess. If I turn the Humax box on first then I'm guessing it's trying to find the broadband signal before my internet is running which is when I get those messages.

| Fri 12 Dec 2014 9:52:00 #723 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dmellis

adamandkate - 2 months ago  » 
    yes it does!
    so i wonder whats up with going through the menus!
    thanks for your help

On Demand issue
    darren ellis 20:46
    To: Customerteam@freesat.co.uk

Hi,

Our on demand service has stopped working for no apparent reason:

On demand not working, says unavailable, Wifi connected on freesat box, showcase works fine, rebooted box - to no avail, On demand not been working for over a week.

Can you help please?

Best regards

Darren

Device details

What is your TV Region/postcode? DY10 1LS

What is the make and model of your Freetime device? HDR 1000s
    What software version are you currently running? (You can check this by going to settings via the home menu then selecting System information. The software version should be: UKFSAA 2.02.01. If you don't have this, please go to System settings and select Software update, then "Search for new software".) Software vs UKFSAA 2.02.07 Different to stated???
    How are you connected to the internet (WiFi/Ethernet Cable/Homeplug Adaptors)? WiFi
    If you are connected via WiFi is this build in, or via a dongle? dongle

Broadband configuration

What is the make and model of your router? BT home hub 4
    Who is your broadband provider? BT
    Is the internet extended around your home using power plugs or cables? cables
    Are there any other routers in your home that are extending the WiFi range? No
    Is the router on continuously or powered down when not in use (e.g. overnight)? Continuous but been rebooted
    Do you set your IP Address manually or does the router allocate it automatically? auto
    © 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United Kingdom)

| Fri 12 Dec 2014 22:03:56 #724 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

machra

I have just bought two hdr1000 boxes and although i am connected directly to my router i also cant get on demand or showcase. I have tried loads of things to fix this including resets, making sure i have latest firmware etc. However last night i did find that if i use the freesat app on my tablet i can get these services even when they are showing as unavailable on the humax box. Now while i admit humax, or freesat have to fix the problem of on demand and showcase it is a workaround, although an expensive one at that if you havent a tablet.

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 11:40:54 #725 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jclivingston

Hi everyone,

I have just bought an HDR 1010 and cannot get On Demand to work - a message comes up saying "on demand is not currently available"

I am connected using WiFi, channel 901 works for iPlayer and going left in the epg allows access to catchup Services such as 4or

Showcase DOES work for me

I have updated to the latest firmware and I have done the factory reset, watch bbc one for 1hr, go into standby, restart - all to no avail.

Very irritating

I get the impression from this thread that the problem is resolved for some people however it is not clear what reliable resolution there is

Any suggestions are very welcome

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 11:42:22 #726 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

machra and Jclivingston - Welcome to our Forum

Check your PM's (private messages, top right of forum front page)

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 12:11:22 #727 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Mmmm I have no On Demand section this morning, Showcase working fine, but On Demand section just says "This will only take a short time so please try again soon", box has been on for over 2 hours so far.
    However, Roll Back is working fine.

Edit:
    Turning off and on again and still no On Demand section, for YouTube I can launch via my phone by either the YouTube app or the Freesat App.

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 12:19:15 #728 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jclivingston

Jclivingston - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi everyone,
    I have just bought an HDR 1010 and cannot get On Demand to work - a message comes up saying "on demand is not currently available"
    I am connected using WiFi, channel 901 works for iPlayer and going left in the epg allows access to catchup Services such as 4or
    Showcase DOES work for me
    I have updated to the latest firmware and I have done the factory reset, watch bbc one for 1hr, go into standby, restart - all to no avail.
    Very irritating
    I get the impression from this thread that the problem is resolved for some people however it is not clear what reliable resolution there is
    Any suggestions are very welcome

So after 24 hours of it not working I called the Freesat customer service line, waited on hold for an hour, explained what wasn't working to the girl on the phone. Tried On Demand again whilst I was on the phone and found it was working.

Result!

The moral of this tale is to be patient - however it really should work out of the box.

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 14:39:49 #729 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jclivingston

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    machra and Jclivingston - Welcome to our Forum
    Check your PM's (private messages, top right of forum front page)

Thanks Barry - much appreciated - as per my last post on demand is now working. Thanks for your offer of assistance.

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 14:40:59 #730 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.