My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Help with broken up & noisy channel 5 recordings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyClarke

My wife likes to have Neighbours and Home and Away recorded each afternoon on Channel 5 so she can watch them later but recently the recordings have been near unwatchable with noisy horizontal streaks. I'm not aware of issues with any other channels. I've tried fiddling with the cables and retuning the Humax (which is an FVP400T with the HD about 75% full) but it made no difference. The signal test looks ok showing Tuner 1 (channel 27) with 79% strength and 100% Quality. We are South Coast, near Bournemouth. Should Tuner 2 and Tuner 3 be populated? Any expert advice would be much appreciated please?

I'd love to be able to resolve this for her.

Attachments

1. IMG_4367.JPG (114.7 KB, 2 downloads) 1 year old
    | Sun 22 May 2022 17:20:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Tuners 2 & 3 will only show something if you are recording two programmes which are not on the same Mux as the one you are watching. Eg. watching Ch5 HD, recording Ch4 SD and BBC1 SD.

| Sun 22 May 2022 17:39:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyClarke

Thank you. I believe the issue is with Channel 5 SD, apologies if the screen shot is for Channel 5 HD, the strength and quality are similar.

| Sun 22 May 2022 18:23:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JeremyClarke - 24 mins ago  » 
    Thank you. I believe the issue is with Channel 5 SD, apologies if the screen shot is for Channel 5 HD, the strength and quality are similar.

The screenshot is channel 5 SD. The signal strength and quality appear fine. I am guessing that the most likely cause might be interference; first thing to check is that the HDMI cable and the aerial cable are kept as apart as possible.

| Sun 22 May 2022 18:51:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyClarke

Martin Liddle - 39 mins ago  » 

JeremyClarke - 24 mins ago  » 

The screenshot is channel 5 SD. The signal strength and quality appear fine. I am guessing that the most likely cause might be interference; first thing to check is that the HDMI cable and the aerial cable are kept as apart as possible.

Thanks, will check that tomorrow and report back!!!!

| Sun 22 May 2022 19:32:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

JeremyClarke - 3 hours ago  » 

To clarify, assuming you are using the Rowridge transmitter on IoW (as it seems from the UHF Ch numbers mentioned), Ch5 SD (along with ITV, Ch4 and a few others) should show 27 as the UHF channel on the signal test. Ch5 HD should, as with BBC1 HD, ITV HD etc. show Ch 21.

Your image seems to show Ch 27 (the SD version).

| Sun 22 May 2022 21:33:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.