My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hi

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

roypittman

Ok, so tried factory reset, still the same. tried again, and left it 5 mins before accessing recording list, seems ok. Started watching recorded program... after 10 mins black screen for about 2 mins and it went back to list, tried to play again, got error wrong file format. Powered off (lead taken out of back as no switch), left 10 mins, reconnected, restarted, left for 5 mins access recording list, all there, tried to play same prog again all ok.
    My brain is screaming that its not the HD but a residual problem with firmware/controller? is it worth pursuing with Humax or shall i just give up? Im quite tempted to flash the dam thing with the foxsat software but worried it might fry the thing..... Anyone done this?

| Fri 17 Feb 2017 12:17:51 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't flash with Foxsat firmware. The box will just reject it giving a E-ID error. You could retry flashing the latest software designed for the box if you can find a copy. Should be 3.00.44 21 Jul 2016

| Fri 17 Feb 2017 12:52:37 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

roypittman

Thanks Graham, my options are narrowing down
    Just need to find a 'clean' version on the net, although why anyone would want to put a 'exploit/back-door' in my STB is beyond me

| Fri 17 Feb 2017 13:05:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

roypittman

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

roypittman

Box was becoming more and more unreliable, flashed firmware, still same, reset, still same... rapidly reaching the conclusion that its past it and a new one required, but are the new ones any better? or is this going to be how it is? 26 mths and pooft gone...?
    Now it can't find the HDD at all but finds USB drive connected in front socket.

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 21:19:28 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.