My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

How do I go back to the recording I was watching

(24 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There may have been a recent option in the original 4000T software, there is no sign of it with the current software.

Just tried the following with a extreme example Using Escape To The Country with 64 episodes. Paged back to 12th August and viewed for 10 minutes and returned to Live TV.

Other than paging up back to the 12th August there is no fast way to get back to the top of the list to resume viewing. Why going down doesn't jump back to the top of the list is daft. This should be pretty simple to programme.

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 11:39:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  » 
    There may have been a recent option in the original 4000T software, there is no sign of it with the current software.

I think the option is called "Continue watching" now. Did you try my instructions in post #8?

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 11:57:53 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

I think the option is called "Continue watching" now. Did you try my instructions in post #8?

Yes - RM-l08 has no home button. Pressing Freeview-Play Button - brings up Options - TV GUIDE - Top Picks Recordings MEDIA Settings. You can only go left and right within the above options. Recordings is the obvious choice. No matter what I try I can't find a Continue watching option from either list or grid view. The Resume option appears only when you manually scroll to the last viewed recording manually.

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 13:06:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Press the blue "on demand" button.

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 13:23:24 #14 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 minutes ago  » 

Recordings is the obvious choice. No matter what I try I can't find a Continue watching option from either list or grid view. The Resume option appears only when you manually scroll to the last viewed recording manually.

Recordings may be the obvious choice, but that would be far too logical. You have to choose 'Top Picks' > OK then left or right to another 'Recordings' option, where listed below you will see 'Recently Added' and "Continue Watching' Select the latter and you should see a grid view of the programmes you were watching.

I have a similar number of recordings of Frasier and I have found the best way to access the series is to use the Search function. Search for the programme once and it will remain in the list for easy access the next time. This also has the added bonus of listing all the episodes with the oldest first.

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 13:36:41 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 2 minutes ago  » 

Recordings is the obvious choice. No matter what I try I can't find a Continue watching option from either list or grid view. The Resume option appears only when you manually scroll to the last viewed recording manually.

Recordings may be the obvious choice, but that would be far too logical. You have to choose 'Top Picks' > OK then left or right to another 'Recordings' option, where listed below you will see 'Recently Added' and "Continue Watching' Select the latter and you should see a grid view of the programmes you were watching.
    I have a similar number of recordings of Frasier and I have found the best way to access the series is to use the Search function. Search for the programme once and it will remain in the list for easy access the next time. This also has the added bonus of listing all the episodes with the oldest first.

Thanks - currently watching a Grand Designs recording - I will give this a try later. I will start with a search for the original test Escape To The Country

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 13:42:03 #16 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 week ago  » 

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 
    RM-L03

OK thanks, I have the RM-L08 with an FVP-5000T so I think the translation of your helpful instructions would be:
    Press the Blue "On Demand" Button
    Left arrow to "Recordings"
    Down arrow
    Right arrow to "Continue watching".
    Down arrow and select recording.

You have missed out some steps in these instructions.

It should be:

Left Arrow to 'Top Picks'
    Press OK
    Left or right arrow to "Recordings"
    Down arrow

It was much simpler with the old software.

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 13:45:25 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 29 minutes ago  » 

That worked a treat

Note The Grand Designs I just watched.

Attachments

1. ContinueWatching.jpg (116.1 KB, 2 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sat 20 Oct 2018 14:13:00 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 15:12:15 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Stephenesque - 1 hour ago  » 
    You have missed out some steps in these instructions.

I am sorry but on my box the instructions work perfectly and appear to be the method set out on page 13 of the FVP-5000T user manual. My box is an FVP-5000T using software version 1.03.45 dated 02 August 2018 and a RM-L08 remote. Could you clarify which box you have, which remote and which software version you have?

It should be:
    Left Arrow to 'Top Picks'
    Press OK
    Left or right arrow to "Recordings"
    Down arrow

Those instructions work (with minor differences) if I press the Freeview Play button rather than the On demand button (red stylised F) but on my box the method I posted is less button pushes.

| Sat 20 Oct 2018 15:33:17 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.