My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How is this possible?

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The salesmen at Currys, PC World and the like frankly don't have a clue, never found one that had a clue what they were talking about. When Freesat first launched Currys insisted that you had to have a new special dish installed and that your existing sky dish wouldn't work. They even refused to sell the Foxsat without a dish install being paid for (Numpties )

Go back to the shop, assuming they are using an English postcode get the salesman to disconnect the second cable (turn off the box first), carry out a reset and then ask them to tune to BBC 2 HD (102) and press record. Now tune to ITV HD (119) and press record again. Now tune to BBC1 HD (108) and live pause it. Release the live pause and wait for a few minutes. Now stop one of the two recordings and press record on 108, you will then be able to record 108 from the time you started watching it (from the time shift buffer ). Now display the media list to show you have three recordings and politely ask how did that work then

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 18:30:57 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It will work and work well. Two cables are better than one as Graham has said.

There are many stores and companies selling 100's of products that know a little about most of them. Here you will find people who know a lot about Humax kit.

Humax makes the only freesat receiver I know about with the (limited) possibility to record a second or even watch a third as most manufactures don't spend effort on the extra logic needed to determine if it is possible.

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 18:41:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Riff

Thank you Graham and Repassak for your help and advice,

I had a very strong feeling the guys at PCWorld didn't really know.
    I have just read a review of the humax 1010s
    http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/2013/04/10/humax-hdr-1010s-review-new-white-colour-with-built-in-wireless-networking-for-freesat/

and under "hardware" paragraph 3 it states ...
    "You can connect a single feed or preferably two to your Humax HDR-1010S .... "

This is a guy who tested and reviewed the device so clearly PCWorld want you to THINK they are the 'de facto' on all things electronic, and yet, they nearly lost a good sale in their ignorance.

Thanks for your encouragement and I hope to have more interaction when I get started in the great Humax world

Many regards to you all

Riff

| Sun 27 Apr 2014 22:01:12 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.