My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

How to add a splitter?

(29 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrFraggle - 4 minutes ago  » 
    That is exactly what I am talking about, did you have something else in mind?

Very poor quality plastic unscreened device, though it may do the job.

A fully screened metal one would be preferable.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-2-way-splitter-with-power-pass-all-ports/99105

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

You don't need the grease for indoor plugs.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 15:34:20 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

I have one of these also but would need to adapt the coax to F connector which I also have I think. Thanks.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 15:50:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

jdlfreetime - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I think wires have got crossed. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I was only trying to help. I read your question earlier today & you didn't mention booster used. I didn't read your previous question in the forums earlier when you mentioned you had used a booster. I only glance at forums from time to time. Good luck. Enjoy the lovely sunshine weather this Weekend while it lasts. Spring is almost here . . .

I am a little confused as I have not taken anything said here there wrong way in fact I am very grateful for all the patience shown here to me. The booster of course is a masthead amplifier but I think I have all the info I need and the equipment. If it does not resolve this issue then it can go the way of a 1800T I have just put up for sale and have a look at other brands suggested on AV forums.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 15:55:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

What you have got should work well enough to see if it cures your problems. Do come back and let us know one way or the other.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 23:36:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Well I added a splitter but no change so I have come to the conclusion that both the HDR1000T and 2000T are rubbish. So I will sell these on and either go back to a Fox T2 which worked perfectly or try another brand as suggested in another thread.

Thanks all for your help and patience.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 11:44:02 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

MrFraggle - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Well I added a splitter but no change so I have come to the conclusion that both the HDR1000T and 2000T are rubbish. So I will sell these on and either go back to a Fox T2 which worked perfectly or try another brand as suggested in another thread.
    Thanks all for your help and patience.

I think you are the only person to post who hasn't sorted this issue out. It will definitely be one of the settings or your set up which is to blame. I certainly wouldn't let a small setback and a relatively ordinary piece of tech beat me however.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 12:16:21 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Faust - 8 minutes ago
    I think you are the only person to post who hasn't sorted this issue out. It will definitely be one of the settings or your set up which is to blame. I certainly wouldn't let a small setback and a relatively ordinary piece of tech beat me however.

If you can give me a clue as to what settings I should be looking at and perhaps links to other threads which had the same issue so that I may try the advice suggested by responders?

As for set up box is connected to the TV which pretty much sums up my set up.

As the 1800T and 2000T are virtually the same box and as far as I can see do have issues if reading through the threads here is any indication.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 12:26:04 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrFraggle - 37 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 8 minutes ago

If you can give me a clue as to what settings I should be looking at and perhaps links to other threads which had the same issue so that I may try the advice suggested by responders?
    As for set up box is connected to the TV which pretty much sums up my set up.
    As the 1800T and 2000T are virtually the same box and as far as I can see do have issues if reading through the threads here is any indication.

Can you explain, what didn't work ? When you fitted the splitter were you able to use the TV and the box ? If not which item didn't work ?

Is there anything printed on the splitter you used ? If so what does it say ?

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 13:06:20 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Sorry mate I have another thread on my issue which I could not find hence this one.

The issue I am having is: When I power on my UE55KU6000K and Humax 2000T I will get a black screen. It is necessary to on the TV go to source, switch to TV press OK then go back to source switch to the PVR and everything is fine.
    I have this issue if the box is in standby or always on I have no idea whether it is an issue with the box, but I might add it also happens with the 1800T I also have, but they are virtually the same box anyway, or the TV. What they call a handshake issue. I have tried all HDMI ports and different cables but it persists.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 13:31:27 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrFraggle - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry mate I have another thread on my issue which I could not find hence this one.
    The issue I am having is: When I power on my UE55KU6000K and Humax 2000T I will get a black screen. It is necessary to on the TV go to source, switch to TV press OK then go back to source switch to the PVR and everything is fine.
    I have this issue if the box is in standby or always on I have no idea whether it is an issue with the box, but I might add it also happens with the 1800T I also have, but they are virtually the same box anyway, or the TV. What they call a handshake issue. I have tried all HDMI ports and different cables but it persists.

OK - But the splitter will not solve handshake issues. What it will do is stop you losing the TV signal for a short period if you are watching TV when the box wakes up to make a scheduled recordings.

HDCP handshake issues are more difficut because Humax will insist it's a TV problem and the TV makers will insist it's a problem with the Humax box.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 14:03:55 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.