My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

How to add a splitter?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

MrFraggle - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry mate I have another thread on my issue which I could not find hence this one.
    The issue I am having is: When I power on my UE55KU6000K and Humax 2000T I will get a black screen. It is necessary to on the TV go to source, switch to TV press OK then go back to source switch to the PVR and everything is fine.
    I have this issue if the box is in standby or always on I have no idea whether it is an issue with the box, but I might add it also happens with the 1800T I also have, but they are virtually the same box anyway, or the TV. What they call a handshake issue. I have tried all HDMI ports and different cables but it persists.

OK - But the splitter will not solve handshake issues. What it will do is stop you losing the TV signal for a short period if you are watching TV when the box wakes up to make a scheduled recordings.
    HDCP handshake issues are more difficut because Humax will insist it's a TV problem and the TV makers will insist it's a problem with the Humax box.

I would wager that is a classic handshake issue. Out of interest what devices have you currently got plugged in to the TV via HDMI?

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 17:15:18 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Nothing more than the box when the issue began but I have just installed a Steam Link but I very much doubt if that has any bearing.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 17:18:46 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

MrFraggle - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Nothing more than the box when the issue began but I have just installed a Steam Link but I very much doubt if that has any bearing.

Are any of the HDMI ports on your TV powered i.e. are they activated by a signal from an external source. Some TVs e.g. Panasonic have this and it can cause issues.

I'm certain one of the settings on the TV is to blame but without standing in front of the TV myself and scrolling through the menus it's difficult to diagnose.

I assume you've tried the box on a completely different TV and found no issue with that TV and box setup?

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 17:34:50 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Are any of the HDMI ports on your TV powered i.e. are they activated by a signal from an external source. I don't think so. The TV is a Samsung
    UE55KU6000K, manual can be found here. if that helps at all?

I have looked in setting and I can see nothing that looks related or I have altered in any way.

I have connected the 1800T to another TV Hisense) but I am almost positive I do not get the same issue.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 18:04:42 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MrFraggle - 12 minutes ago  » 
    UE55KU6000K, manual can be found here. if that helps at all?

All I get from that link is the Declaration of Conformity which isn't any help?

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 18:17:48 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Worked for me on both tablet and PC, very strange. You will need to scroll down but try this. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55KU6000KXXU/

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 18:24:55 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MrFraggle - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Worked for me on both tablet and PC, very strange. You will need to scroll down but try this. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55KU6000KXXU/

The correct URL for the manual is (I think) http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&CttFileID=6648666&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=N&ModelName=UE55KU6000K&VPath=UM/201612/20161209100212986/ENG-JZDVBEUK-1.1.3.pdf

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 19:17:35 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

The manual is a bit of a mare as it includes a mass of information yet doesn't have any page numbers. There is a whole section on Anynet+ CEC. I also noted the following information regarding HDMI cables -

Using a non-certified HDMI cable may result in a blank screen or a connection error.
    Some HDMI cables and devices may not be compatible with the TV due to different HDMI
    specifications.
    [i]

There is further info about this in the Anynet+ section.

| Sat 11 Mar 2017 0:02:47 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Thanks, I will try a certified cable but I am beginning to believe that this is a Samsung TV issue and not the boxes as I tried the 1800T on another TV and it booted up to picture this morning. I will swap over the 2000T and see if that does the same which I suspect it will.

If it does I will contact Samsung for their views.

Thanks for all your help.

| Sat 11 Mar 2017 8:40:04 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.