My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

How to add a splitter?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

I have been advised in response to a question here to try a splitter with my problematic Humax HDR 2000T but cannot get my head around how to connect a splitter to the box as I am puzzled as to which aerial port to connect it two. If it is the input then how does the TV get the output from the PVR?

So if someone could explain exactly what I should do I would be grateful.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 11:45:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi there. Why do you need a splitter? I would have thought this would slightly reduce signal strength? Do you mean a aerial amp booster to run off to say 2 or more PVRs? With regards connections, your aerial lead input from outside aerial feed goes into the Aerial IN on the back of the Humax PVR & the OUT is used for connnecting a aerial feed to the TV, so that the TV tuner has signal. Trust I may have helped make sense for you. The only thing I can think of with a splitter is that it provides 2 feeds i.e one for tv & one for humax pvr - it really depends on how strong your aerial signal is. I have to use a aerial booster for my devices. A splitter would not work in my setup - too weak signal. Anyone else can add to this?

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 11:56:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Here's the original question if that helps? https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/is-it-the-tv-or-the-humax

I have not long had a powered booster installed as Freeview was pretty ropey when it came to the HD channels. Now I have a very strong signal and get quite a few more channels that I did not get before.

So still looking for the info on fitting a splitter as what you described is obviously how I have it at the moment. Thanks.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 12:02:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

MrFraggle - 7 minutes ago  » 
    So still looking for the info on fitting a splitter as what you described is obviously how I have it at the moment. Thanks.

If the "powered booster" has separate cables to the TV and to the HDR-2000T then it is a splitter. That would mean that you already have a splitter.

On the link you supplied you haven't replied to Barry's post yet.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 12:16:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

I certainly did answer Barry as it is right below his post. Though I admit that I should have come back to tell him that it made no difference.

The masthead aerial amplifier only supply's one feed to the room, so no separate cables. But if it did have a feed as I think I could add one, t to both the TV and HDR how would the feed from the HDR get to the TV? This is what I do not understand

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 12:32:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MrFraggle - 28 minutes ago  » 
    But if it did have a feed as I think I could add one, t to both the TV and HDR how would the feed from the HDR get to the TV? This is what I do not understand

What is being suggested to you is that you connect the aerial cable to the input of the splitter and one feed goes to the input of the Humax and the other to the input of the TV. The Humax output gets to the TV via the HDMI (or SCART) cable.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 13:04:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Cheers mate and thanks for everyone's patience I have been having some very senior moments with this issue but it has all become clear.
    Ah the joys of being old and senile (at times.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 13:07:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Sorry MrFraggle, when I read your message today, I first thought of a small Splitter like this that splits the input feed, that I used to use on old analogue tv setup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-2-Way-Coax-TV-AERIAL-Cable-Splitter-1-MALE-to-2-FEMALE-Ariel-Adapter-PAL-/331962739564?hash=item4d4a856b6c:g:CkEAAOSwGtRXz8yL

Good luck with resolving your problem.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 14:03:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

That is exactly what I am talking about, did you have something else in mind?

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 14:25:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

I think wires have got crossed. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I was only trying to help. I read your question earlier today & you didn't mention booster used. I didn't read your previous question in the forums earlier when you mentioned you had used a booster. I only glance at forums from time to time. Good luck. Enjoy the lovely sunshine weather this Weekend while it lasts. Spring is almost here . . .

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 14:30:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.