My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

How to disable "Watch in HD"?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kjello

When I'm trying to perform other functions with my remote the pop-up "Watch in HD" keeps getting in the way and delaying or preventing me getting to where I want. Is there any way of disabling this annoying and time wasting pop-up, please?

| Tue 26 Jun 2018 22:22:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The only way I found to do it with my 5000T was to delete the HD version of BBC1 and rely on the SD version all the time. Doesn't bother me with BBC2 as it was only a problem during the local news on BBC1.

| Tue 26 Jun 2018 23:31:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kjello

Thanks. An excellent left-field solution. I've now deleted the channels and it works beautifully.

| Wed 27 Jun 2018 0:59:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

That is good to hear. Of course, if you need to do a full retune, or a factory reset, you will need to delete them again.

| Wed 27 Jun 2018 7:34:44 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pressing pause for a few seconds and then play should work as you are now watching a few seconds behind real time.

| Wed 27 Jun 2018 10:53:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 
    Pressing pause for a few seconds and then play should work as you are now watching a few seconds behind real time.

Yes, that is true and I used that method for a while, but I got a bit fed up with having to remember to do it every time. That is why I ditched the HD version instead.

| Wed 27 Jun 2018 23:06:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kjello

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 

Thanks but not in this case because I'm trying to get into text and delayed watching prevents that. Zapping the HD works perfectly.

| Wed 27 Jun 2018 23:54:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kjello

A1944 - 16 hours ago  » 
    That is good to hear. Of course, if you need to do a full retune, or a factory reset, you will need to delete them again.

Thanks for the warning.

| Wed 27 Jun 2018 23:55:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

A1944 - 2 days ago  » 

With the additional software that runs along side the native software and is referred to as 'Custom Firmware' this can be automated. You could choose to automatically delete channels by name or by channel number or a combination of the two. It also can reinstate the recording schedule automatically after a full retune.

Attachments

1. Delete_by_number.PNG (4.4 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    2. Tunefix_delete_bty_name.PNG (24.7 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Fri 29 Jun 2018 19:25:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

You probably have a good point there Luke, because I was relating to the 5000T which I have and displays the same problem, but the thread is actually about the HDR Fox T2, which will have different features.

| Fri 29 Jun 2018 23:09:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.