My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

How to disable "Watch in HD"?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

Not sure I understand or see the benefits to deleting the HD version of a channel?
    As far as I am concerned I see not difference but do prefer the HD, if there is one.
    The basic annoyance is that local news is only broadcast on SD in this area so will watch the news etc in SD just to ensure that I catch the news.
    On the other hand I only set to record programs on the main channels via the HD version but to do that means I need to have the HD channel tuned in.

| Sat 30 Jun 2018 8:43:10 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes you have to have the HD version tuned to record it. There is no local news anywhere in the UK on BBC 1 HD either on satellite or freeview.

There is only one version of BBC 1 HD for England on freesat with two lcn's 106 and 972. Also only 1 BBC 1 HD for Wales Northern Ireland and Scotland.

973 BBC 1 Scot HD
    976 BBC 1 Wales HD
    978 BBC 1 NI HD

If you delete BBC 1 HD England you can still record in HD using one of the three channel numbers above.

| Sat 30 Jun 2018 10:13:29 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

Sorry Graham, only got a 4000T which is Freeview. No regions on Freeview!
    I think the only way is to just ignore it?

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 21:14:04 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Egrosvenor - 1 day ago  » 
    Not sure I understand or see the benefits to deleting the HD version of a channel?

The advantage to deleting the HD version of BBC1 (only) is that it gets rid of the highly irritating "Watch in HD" message which pops up every few minutes if you watch in SD, even during the local news which is not even available on HD. I did find (with the 5000T at least) that pausing briefly would get rid of the message, but remembering to do that every time was almost as bad as the message itself.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 7:49:07 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.