My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to resume all programs.

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

If trying to resume a program later that was part watched/time shifted while it was still recording the resume recording option in the menu will be unavailable and the watched/part watched circle indicator will be full white indicating an unwatched program, this is a bug.

If there is no resume option and you know you've part watched it then don't select any options just press the back button so that the required recording is highlighted in the recordings list and then press the PLAY button and the program will resume where you left off.

Maybe this should have an entry in the FAQ.....

'How to bypass the lack of resume bug and resume all recordings with the least amount of button presses' ?

Answer.....

'Highlight recording in list and press the play button'.

| Sat 11 Feb 2017 14:41:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I presume the PLAY button resumes on all other Humax boxes too and the responsibility of getting recordings to resume correctly resides firmly with Humax.

BUT (and that is a big but) the UI is Freesats and the watch circle indicator icons are Freesats and they are obviously linked to the resume recording pop up, so without one you don't get the other.

Obviously Freesat's software is at fault and incorrectly resets the part watched indicator to unwatched when the box completes a recording.

So my advice is to ignore the unwatched circle and bypass the Freesat UI by pressing the play button, it has always worked perfectly for me.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 9:57:41 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I will continue the discussion here which is more on topic.

The one that failed was a one off (not series recording) and SD.

I have two recordings on the go one is a series ITV-HD which I have aready part watched, the other is a 4Seven one off, watching it now in chasing playback, I will quit replay at the ads.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 11:07:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Well both worked, no idea why yesterday's SD did not work apart from different channel. Will check one from there in case it's a specific channel issue.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 12:02:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I can confirm that resume works without issue on the Humax 2000T and the Humax DTR-T2100 BT Youview box. It just appears to be a bug in the Freesat UI though as said simply press PLAY.

You have to double select a programme in order to play it on the DTR-T2100.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 12:41:33 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Well I can't find any way to break it now. No idea what went wrong yesterday.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 18:58:18 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Out of interest I wondered what would happen if you left the resume option enabled when the recording stops.

The elapsed time left disappears, though the recording indicator remains red. Pressing OK on Resume starts at the beginning, but jumps almost instantly to the correct resume location.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 18:06:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Out of interest I wondered what would happen if you left the resume option enabled when the recording stops.
    The elapsed time left disappears, though the recording indicator remains red. Pressing OK on Resume starts at the beginning, but jumps almost instantly to the correct resume location.

Just tried to replicated that using a manual record of BBC News HD, got the same results but the recording now time didn't ever change or disappear it just remained the same for me.
    Recording resumed fine when I pressed OK.

And mine nearly always resumes by playing a frame or two of the very start and then instantly skips to the correct resume point. Doesn't matter what method I use to resume, it's always done that.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 20:07:06 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 25 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Just tried to replicated that using a manual record of BBC News HD, got the same results but the recording now time didn't ever change or disappear it just remained the same for me.
    Recording resumed fine when I pressed OK.
    And mine nearly always resumes by playing a frame or two of the very start and then instantly skips to the correct resume point. Doesn't matter what method I use to resume, it's always done that.

A manual instant recording I guess won't have an end time. Try it with one set from the epg.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 20:34:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Recording was made from the EPG, I just manually selected the pop up record option, EPG informed me that 5 minutes of the program was left, (makes test a little quicker) then waited and watched a bit and then got the resume screen up. Oddly the EPG had told me there was 5 minutes left but the resume screen had 3/15 minutes on the left which didn't ever change.
    Resumed it by pressing OK and then checked to see that the recording had actually stopped (which it had) as no way of knowing from my resume screen as it never changed.

Can't be bothered to check a full EPG recording happy to go with what you said.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:13:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.