My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to resume all programs.

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

We already know that simply pressing 'play' works fine so I don't see the point of all the extra navel gazing. It's a bug in the system with a perfectly good workaround.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 23:36:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I promise I won't say another word, unless Graham finds away to break it

Incidentally I told Freesat about the bug way back on their forum and guess what they weren't interested, maybe I shouldn't of told them the play button resumed !
    I think it was an interesting test, shows that the UI is happy to resume under the circumstances if it isn't given the opportunity to reset. Probably would of been a very easy fix for Freesat if they actually gave a damn.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 0:46:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Reffub - 13 hours ago  » 
    Incidentally I told Freesat about the bug way back on their forum and guess what they weren't interested, maybe I shouldn't of told them the play button resumed !
    I think it was an interesting test, shows that the UI is happy to resume under the circumstances if it isn't given the opportunity to reset. Probably would of been a very easy fix for Freesat if they actually gave a damn.

I get the impression any development work on the platform has been paused/stopped. Unless my memory is playing tricks it's pretty much stayed the same since I purchased my 1000s four years ago.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 14:44:32 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 14 minutes ago  » 

Reffub - 13 hours ago  » 

I get the impression any development work on the platform has been paused/stopped. Unless my memory is playing tricks it's pretty much stayed the same since I purchased my 1000s four years ago.

It shares the same software with the 1100S very much a current box.

You must have got Netflix for instance relatively recently. July 2016.

It's too easy to press the OK button by sheer instinct (did it already) leaving no way to get to the resume location.

I was wondering if you left the box displaying the resume it would then work (given the menu doesn't time out before you attempt to resume).

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 15:05:31 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well yes it has had Netflix though as I've said before I tend to use Chromecast as it's a more user friendly and reliable device. All4 or whatever it's now called has always been a disaster on my box despite three different ISPs and now a fibre connection.

I still don't understand your problem with 'hit play' to resume. It just works for me so I'm baffled.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 16:39:00 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    Well yes it has had Netflix though as I've said before I tend to use Chromecast as it's a more user friendly and reliable device. All4 or whatever it's now called has always been a disaster on my box despite three different ISPs and now a fibre connection.
    I still don't understand your problem with 'hit play' to resume. It just works for me so I'm baffled.

It works if you remember. Once you press OK to bring up the menu there is no way back. It's an instinctive reaction especially owning so many Humax boxes.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 16:42:02 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 

It works if you remember. Once you press OK to bring up the menu there is no way back. It's an instinctive reaction especially owning so many Humax boxes.

It caught me out watching the BAFTA awards, the instant I pressed OK I uttered an oath :-).

Given we know the resume point is still available before pressing OK it should not be that hard to fix.

Remember it could be some time before watching a recording and in most cases you won't have even used chasing playback so OK will work just fine. Even a few seconds screws up resume.

It's even worse because there is no indication the recording has been part watched at least that would prompt a memory that the recording is in fact part watched.

This reminds me of the guide Schedule/Red situation on the Foxsat-HDR but with one large difference. One wrong button press has no way of recovery.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 16:54:24 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 

It caught me out watching the BAFTA awards, the instant I pressed OK I uttered an oath :-).
    Given we know the resume point is still available before pressing OK it should not be that hard to fix.
    Remember it could be some time before watching a recording and in most cases you won't have even used chasing playback so OK will work just fine. Even a few seconds screws up resume.
    It's even worse because there is no indication the recording has been part watched at least that would prompt a memory that the recording is in fact part watched.
    This reminds me of the guide Schedule/Red situation on the Foxsat-HDR but with one large difference. One wrong button press has no way of recovery.

You need to press OK twice to have no way back. You can still press the play button to resume a recording with the "Watch Now" menu up on screen and highlighted or any of the other options come to that.

So options to resume a recording affected by the bug are.....
    Highlight Play
    Highlight OK Play
    Highlight OK Back Play
    Highlight OK Down Play

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 18:06:38 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 45 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 

You need to press OK twice to have no way back. You can still press the play button to resume a recording with the "Watch Now" menu up on screen and highlighted or any of the other options come to that.
    So options to resume a recording affected by the bug are.....
    Highlight Play
    Highlight OK Play
    Highlight OK Back Play
    Highlight OK Down Play

Thanks I hadn't discovered that.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 18:53:18 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Also occasionally useful to press play if the box is saying you've watched a programme. You may have stopped play back near the end of a recording but then decided you want to resume to check something in the credits etc. The box UI won't give the resume option once a programme is near* the end (UI will have watched no circle showing) but you can still just press play to resume if you need to.

*near depends on programme length, longer programmes won't have resume option if stopped anytime in the last 5 minutes, but shorter programmes need to be nearer the end.

| Tue 21 Feb 2017 10:20:39 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.