My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to series link when a shows already started?

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I don't recall that you could do it on a Sky box either, though I will admit that I haven't had Sky for a number of years now.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 10:36:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I guess it never will be done then, oh well.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 10:49:25 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 23 hours ago  » 
    I don't recall that you could do it on a Sky box either, though I will admit that I haven't had Sky for a number of years now.

I do recall a few ex sky subscribers moaning that they couldn't do this with Freesat so I've always presumed that you could with sky.
    For me it is one of the less annoying omissions.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 10:23:52 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Having spent my entire career in high tech industries I always prefer a counter-argument that states exactly why it can't be done rather than... Oh nobody else does it so we don't. So far that's the only position that's been put forward.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 10:32:11 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 34 minutes ago  » 
    Having spent my entire career in high tech industries I always prefer a counter-argument that states exactly why it can't be done rather than... Oh nobody else does it so we don't. So far that's the only position that's been put forward.

Even if it's possible did you not have to consider cost/benefit in your entire career ? It may well involve a change to the freesat/freetime epg. Software updates on boxes. Get real, it's not going to happen. All this for a minor issue that is easy to get round anyway when the entire programme can be recorded from the time shift buffer. I set all the programmes I want to watch on series before they are aired anywhere.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 11:10:50 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 21 minutes ago  » ...It may well involve a change to the freesat/freetime epg. Software updates on boxes...

I had hoped for some intelligent explanation of the difficulties instead of words like "it may well", which do nothing more than suggest you have no idea. As for the rest of your fatuous post, the least said the better.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 11:35:12 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 minute ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 21 minutes ago  » ...It may well involve a change to the freesat/freetime epg. Software updates on boxes...

I had hoped for some intelligent explanation of the difficulties instead of words like "it may well", which do nothing more than suggest you have no idea. As for the rest of your fatuous post, the least said the better.

If mine is fatuous yours is worse. I take it you are supposed to be an Engineer. Most things are possible, if you are prepared to throw enough money at it. As a chartered engineer with many years experience in National Grid planning, there is a financial limit as to how secure you can make any supply network. Would you expect to have two completely independent supplies to your property with no common point of failure. Possible yes, but astronomically expensive. Real engineers make sensible decisions. On the other hand you are not prepared to even consider what may be involved, nor accept that the benefit isn't worth throwing any sort of money at it. Kind of reflects your attitude which as usual always seems to lack any sort of reality. Rant over. You cannot set series timers from a recording already in progress. Prepared to put money on it not happening with Freeview or Freesat anytime in the near future. Time you accepted the reality of the situation. Suggest to the mods this thread is going nowhere.

A measure of this is clear. This has been the situation since the launch of G2 freesat around 4yrs ago. It's took rather a long time to generate this rather pointless thread.

Not saying Freesat is perfect, there are other issues I would personally change that we know are possible.

I dislike the boot to the home screen. It's a minor annoyance but much more so than the topic of this thread.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 11:47:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

It's apparent that you have a regular, and growing, tendency to regard this forum as your playground, your rules. You wish it were so, thankfully for many of the others here it is not.
    Unfortunately I am unable to consider what is involved since nobody, not least you, has even attempted to explain what is involved.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 12:28:10 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Software design is a bit like quick setting concrete. Once a design is realised it can be very difficult and expensive to realise changes not originally considered.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 13:03:33 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Software design is a bit like quick setting concrete. Once a design is realised it can be very difficult and expensive to realise changes not originally considered.

Yes I know. I did everything from writing Assembler code thru to sitting on the management board of a world-wide roll-out. If Graham wants to start a p****** contest on qualifications I would say... check this list out! Best not to.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 13:11:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.