My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

How to upgrade software

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SIFI

I've had the 9300 for some months now but the sotware version appears to be out of date it is version 1.00.27 updated april 2012.

I would like to get the latest version but am not sure how to do this as it does not auto update and whenever I do a manual search it says there is no newer software available.

Any advice on how I can update this would be appreciated.

Also, I have a fault on live pause I hope will be fixed with an update. If I pause live TV for a while it plays back fine until the scheduled end time for that programme at which point it jumps out of timeslip and back to live TV. It has not recorded the missed section so I can be left infuriated that I miss the end of a programme.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 12:56:43 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Why do you think that your software version appears to be out of date?

The latest version that has been broadcast OTA is 1.00.26, this is also the latest version available on the Humax UK Beta Portal.

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 14:19:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

SIFI - 1 hour ago  » 

Also, I have a fault on live pause I hope will be fixed with an update. If I pause live TV for a while it plays back fine until the scheduled end time for that programme at which point it jumps out of timeslip and back to live TV. It has not recorded the missed section so I can be left infuriated that I miss the end of a programme.
    Cheers
    Simon

This is the way all Humax recorders work. One way round is to instant record using the red button instead of pausing.

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 14:19:58 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

bmax - 17 minutes ago  » 

SIFI - 1 hour ago  » 
    Cheers
    Simon

This is the way all Humax recorders work. One way round is to instant record using the red button instead of pausing.

This isn't correct bmax for the 9xx0 machines. If all you're doing on the machine is time slipping then that value of time slip will remain until you change it by pausing again, fast forward/backward, reach the end of the buffer (2 hour time slip value) or change channel.

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 14:47:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

I must remember to engage brain before opening mouth next time!

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 15:39:34 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

bmax - 1 hour ago  » 
    I must remember to engage brain before opening mouth next time!

I think you were thinking of the situation where you are also recording the programme that you're watching in time slip. In this case you can (but not necessarily) be dumped to real time when the recording ends, however the full programme will be in the recording. My opinion is that the OP was doing something similar to this, either knowingly or otherwise.

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 17:15:52 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

There is a situation where if live TV is paused for a while it plays back fine until the scheduled end time at which point the replay buffer is cleared.

It occurs on part time channels when their time is up.

@SIFI, do you have this problem everytime or just sometimes? And on which channels has it occured?

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 18:24:49 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Luke - 3 minutes ago  » 
    There is a situation where if live TV is paused for a while it plays back fine until the scheduled end time at which point the replay buffer is cleared.
    It occurs on part time channels when their time is up.
    @SIFI, are you saying you have this problem everytime or just sometimes? And which channels has it occured?

Would that be for example when BBC3 takes over at 7pm from whatever it takes over from?

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 18:29:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Yes. I've just tried it on CITV with a 9200T (CITV didn't close down until 18:18!)

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 18:31:14 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I've now tried CBBC to could continue to remind myself with happens but use a different broadcaster. Unfortunately I pressed the wrong button and ruined the test!

But I am pretty sure it occurs on CBBC as that is where I would have first noticed the buffer being cleared/unavailable.

| Fri 7 Feb 2014 19:03:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.