My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300 Sometimes Forgets Scheduled Programs

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TerryP

My mother-in-law reports that her 9300T now frequently forgets scheduled programs if she switches it to standby, having previously only forgotten on rare occasions.

I read that the occasional lapse is a known issue:
    ... 9300 sometimes forgets ...

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 13:04:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TerryP - 3 hours ago  » 
    My mother-in-law reports that her 9300T now frequently forgets scheduled programs if she switches it to standby, having previously only forgotten on rare occasions.
    I read that the occasional lapse is a known issue:
    ... 9300 sometimes forgets ...

Correct it is a known issue with no known fix other than the workaround of leaving the box active all the time. Probably time to update to a more recent model. If her requirements are largely met by the 9300T then a reconditioned HDR-2000T from HumaxDirect might be a reasonable replacement. If she wants something newer then I wouldn't recommend the FVP-5000T; the new Aura seems like a good box where Humax are doing a lot of bug fixing (which didn't happen with the FVP-5000T); it has almost all the bells whistles but isn't cheap. Alternatively the Manhattan T3-R seems to be well liked by its users.

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 16:40:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TerryP

Very many thanks Martin
    Really helpful to know that the workaround is the only option if the old 9300T is to remain in service.

Thanks also for the suggestions for possible replacements. I think it's likely that my mother-in-law will choose to stay with the familiar interface, but I'll check out these alternatives.

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 22:32:57 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

TerryP - 25 mins ago  » 
    Very many thanks Martin
    Really helpful to know that the workaround is the only option if the old 9300T is to remain in service.
    Thanks also for the suggestions for possible replacements. I think it's likely that my mother-in-law will choose to stay with the familiar interface, but I'll check out these alternatives.

If I remember correctly the problem occurs with consecutive recordings on the same channel, and, assuming the known problem is your problem. For example if you have three recordings set the first one will be successful but the second one could fail. If the second one does fail the third will be successful because it is no longer consecutive, however if the second is successful the third could fail.

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 23:06:08 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I have literally just though of this but there might be another workaround rather than leaving the machine ON all the time. After making the recording schedule for consecutive recordings on the same channel, try manually editing the end or start time by a minute at the recording junctions. This will probably cancel the Accurate Recording feature for those recordings and you may miss a bit of programme but probably worth a try if your mother-in-law wants to stay with the 9300.

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 23:19:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TerryP

Many thanks Biggles. Very interesting re consecutive recordings on the same channel. That's an easy one to avoid once it's known as an issue.

I suspect that my mother-in-law would choose to leave the unit on rather than manually editing any times, but I'll mention it as an option.

| Sat 27 Mar 2021 10:20:38 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

TerryP - 24 mins ago  » 
    Many thanks Biggles. Very interesting re consecutive recordings on the same channel. That's an easy one to avoid once it's known as an issue.
    I suspect that my mother-in-law would choose to leave the unit on rather than manually editing any times, but I'll mention it as an option.

Sorry I didn't read your first post link until after I'd posted, I'd forgotten there was the other problem where the machine appears to reset itself.

| Sat 27 Mar 2021 10:48:24 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.