My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Human T1000 hard drive replacement

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dittonboy

I have a T1000 and I think the hard drive is on the way out, it sticks on nearly there and won't boot up, tried maintenance reboot etc but it still won't start. If I want to replace the hard drive can anyone give me any advice or what model and make of HDD to buy and can i transfer my recordings to an external pen drive??

Cheers

Andrew

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 14:53:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dittonboy - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have a T1000 and I think the hard drive is on the way out, it sticks on nearly there and won't boot up, tried maintenance reboot etc but it still won't start. If I want to replace the hard drive can anyone give me any advice or what model and make of HDD to buy and can i transfer my recordings to an external pen drive??

I wouldn't be confident that changing the hard drive will fix the problem. I would suggest connecting the drive to a PC and using a utility to look at the SMART data for the drive. Post the values of attributes such as:

5 Reallocated sector count
    197 Current pending sector
    198 Offline uncorrectable

will give a reasonable insight into the health of the drive; post the raw values here if you want help in interpreting them.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 18:52:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

You might want to read this thread Capacitor replacement

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 12:10:51 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.