My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1100s faulty?

(14 posts)
  1. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

I see.
    I'm trying to find out if the Arris box would be a better box than the Humax I have.
    There are a lot of conflicting reports about it.

And I understand that Arris can record more progs at once with a 4-channel LNB..correct?

| Fri 27 Oct 2023 14:55:38 #11 |
  2. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

Right just had a guy call, and it is the LNB.
    he climed the ladder took it off and showed me the front cover was missing and a spider was inside. Typically, when I looked I only tightened the cables and didn't look at the front of it ...Dork!!.
    I could've purchased a new one on Amazon (as advised) for £16 and done it myself.

But Bit the bullet and paid the guy who was there with the new LNB. All working fine now.
    Thank you for the input.

EDit
    I'm still looking at the Arris box to maybe replace it, and put the humax in the bedroom for the tV

| Fri 27 Oct 2023 17:35:37 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

foxleybob - 3 hours ago  » 
    I'm trying to find out if the Arris box would be a better box than the Humax I have.
    There are a lot of conflicting reports about it.
    And I understand that Arris can record more progs at once with a 4-channel LNB..correct?

The Arris box certainly has had problems but I don't know the current status. I would try DigitalSpy and AVForums for more user information. The advertising certainly says it will record 4 channels with a wideband LNB.

| Fri 27 Oct 2023 18:48:31 #13 |
  4. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

thanks again.
    I guess I just have to do more research again

| Sun 29 Oct 2023 11:11:10 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.