My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax 5000t loses words

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Did a bit of research on the Philips TV. The software update notes for it say for version TPM82E_2.06 "Intermittent sound lost when you connect an external device via HDMI" which sounds like your problem. Can you check the software version it is using? You can download a software update for the TV from https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/26PFL3606H_12/3000-series-lcd-tv-with-digital-crystal-clear/support

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 11:39:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dana - 50 mins ago  » 
    Just found out that that the booster is on the aerial and the box in the room is the power supply. So can't bypass the booster. The aerial is pointing at Sutton Coldfield transmitter. Probably will need to keep a booster because of where I live.

Have you looked at the Freeview coverage checker at https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management If you input your postcode and house number then what are the lowest numbers from the S and M columns for Sutton Coldfield transmitter in the "Now" row.

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 11:44:44 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dana

Looked up the transmitter - coverage is 99% for S and M for BBCA D3&4 BBCB HD, for SDN it is 56 and 84, for ARQA it's 57 and 84, for ARQB it's 61 and 82 and as for the COMs I don't really watch anything on those so they don't matter (it's 14&63 and 12&60)).
    I will have trouble with doing anything with the Phillips because of its age and origin and I don't have any idea how to update TV software anyway. The Humax is the first TV/box connected to my internet and I rely on it doing stuff by itself
    If the LG proves that the sound problem is the Phillips then I'll have to get a new TV. The LG no longer listens to the remote and picture staggers during dark fast action - that's why I started using the Phillips - it's got a better picture!
    I do appreciate all your help. I've been aware that my aerial, cable, TV, etc are all rather old but I didn't really want to spend lots of money all at the same time just because my YouView box died.

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 17:01:34 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dana - 1 hour ago  » 
    Looked up the transmitter - coverage is 99% for S and M for BBCA D3&4 BBCB HD, for SDN it is 56 and 84, for ARQA it's 57 and 84, for ARQB it's 61 and 82 and as for the COMs I don't really watch anything on those so they don't matter (it's 14&63 and 12&60)).

OK I think it should be Ok with the booster in.

I will have trouble with doing anything with the Phillips because of its age and origin and I don't have any idea how to update TV software anyway.

The instructions for updating the Philips (which include how to check what the current software versions is) are at https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/2/26pfl3606h_12/26pfl3606h_12_fin_eng.pdf?_ga=2.63336106.408881037.1591785072-1469935554.1591785072 Essentially they are download a zip file from Philips web site, extract the software update from the zip, copy to a USB memory stick, switch off the Philips, plug the USB stick into the TV and turn on the TV. None of that strikes me as impossibly difficult but if that is how it seems to you then maybe you could get a friend to help.

If the LG proves that the sound problem is the Phillips then I'll have to get a new TV. I've been aware that my aerial, cable, TV, etc are all rather old but I didn't really want to spend lots of money all at the same time just because my YouView box died.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with the aerial and cabling and there may be a fix for the Philips.

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 18:33:40 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dana

I've downloaded the instructions for updating the Phillips. However, last night got picture freezing up though sound was ok. Checked the signal strength and it was 74%. I noticed that the channel was one that HUMAX support got me to re-tune manually to Ridge Hill. I've now found out where Ridge Hill is and there is very tall stand of poplars close to my house exactly in its direction! Just spoke to Humax support about it. They said problem most likely due to signal because problem is so intermittent and suggested I go back to an auto tune to see if pic stops freezing up. This time the guy was aware that signal could be too strong and re-tuning to Ridge Hill may have been to weaken it tho 74% should have been ok. He also suggested I try a new/different HDMI cable with the Phillips. So I'll do those two before try update the Phillips software. I was told the best way to test the box was to go use it on somebody else's aerial&TV - not much chance of that!

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 9:35:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dana - 3 hours ago  » 
    I've downloaded the instructions for updating the Phillips.

Perhaps you could try the first two instructions (which just involve using the remote control) and tell us the software version number so that we can see whether you actually need to update.

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 13:23:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dana

Release version TPM82E 2.04
    PQ version: Flash PQ v0.25 110829

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 19:59:47 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dana - 4 hours ago  » 
    Release version TPM82E 2.04
    PQ version: Flash PQ v0.25 110829

OK that IS a version that could suffer from the "Intermittent sound lost when you connect an external device via HDMI" problem so it would be worth attempting to upgrade. It may or may not help with the problem you actually have but it will at least remove a potential cause.

| Fri 12 Jun 2020 0:15:29 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dana

Vow, I've updated the TV software and the TV is working! Now I need to watch to see if the sound problem is fixed. Got my fingers crossed

| Sat 13 Jun 2020 15:56:16 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dana

No sound outages last night - I think you've cracked it! Can't thank you enough.

| Sun 14 Jun 2020 12:10:09 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.