My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax and freeview play

(102 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry, somebody over at Digital Spy is asking for confirmation that the FVP-4000T can display and record IP channels such as Vintage TV; can you confirm whether this is possible?

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 12:29:02 #51 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin, So do some don't....

Vintage TV works along with a few others, CCTV, Racing UK, Sonlife, Motors TV, Dating, JSTV, kykNET, ABN TV, Passion, Showcase TV.

VuTV - Not supported overlay

TV Player, Vision TV, Huda TV - May not work as intended overlay, and do not appear to work.

Planet Knowledge - may not work as intended overlay, but appears to work ok

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 14:10:19 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 3 hours ago  » 
    Martin, So do some don't....

Barry many thanks; I have passed the information on.

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 17:19:31 #53 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin - Apols, forgot to mention view only, not record.

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 17:52:00 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

terryh

Well I picked one up today from my local Hughes and I can see why they have decided not to officially launch the product yet. It doesn't seem ready.

From the moment you start using it, it certainly seems a bit slow. Not as responsive as my Humax Fox HDR T2.

The only scroll back on demand channels that work are BBC, nothing at all from ITV, 4 or 5 although iPlayer, All 4, ITV Player and 5od all appear in the separate 'apps' section of the box.

The screen is occasionally flicking on and off, can't work out why but sometimes it cuts out for a second when changing channel or navigating the menus.

You get proper channel logos in the guide (downloaded from the web) and thumbnail photos on the now and next part, which is the default view when pressing the guide button. You then need to press right to see a 'normal' view of the guide.

The only thing that is annoying is that there is no dedicated 'media' or 'recordings' button, you have to go to 'home' and then scroll to the 'recordings' section to see what you've recorded.

Here's plenty of photos showing the setup and various menus etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6fi44u04du7c2hj/AADq-61clYhxq6BMZ83-l4kja?dl=0

If anyone has any questions, please ask.

I won't be swapping out my current recorder yet, I am assuming a firmware update is imminent and will check again after that.

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 20:22:15 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jellyroll

Good evening, terryh. The DropBox link doesn't work for me (gives a "404"). Is it me, or the link, at fault?

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 22:06:49 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jellyroll - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Good evening, terryh. The DropBox link doesn't work for me (gives a "404"). Is it me, or the link, at fault?

Correct link is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6fi44u04du7c2hj/AADq-61clYhxq6BMZ83-l4kja?dl=0

Admin Note: Thanks Martin have edited the link in post #55

| Mon 5 Oct 2015 22:11:27 #57 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Luke has reported at Hummy.tv (quote from digitalspy) that Hughes have withdrawn the FVP-4000T from sale. Apparently the model has not been officially released so they have had to stop selling them. I can't now find any units for sale online.
    Barry, do you know when the official launch is?

| Tue 6 Oct 2015 3:14:02 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jellyroll

Martin Liddle - 8 hours ago  » 

Correct link is [...]

Thank-you, Martin.

Looks like a low-contrast UI optimised for large HD displays and not one that my mother would be able to get on with. Oh well...

| Tue 6 Oct 2015 6:39:58 #59 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

MontysEvilTwin - 4 hours ago  » 
    Luke has reported at Hummy.tv (quote from digitalspy) that Hughes have withdrawn the FVP-4000T from sale. Apparently the model has not been officially released so they have had to stop selling them. I can't now find any units for sale online.
    Barry, do you know when the official launch is?

Afraid not, the tweet I mentioned in #44 appears to have been removed as well.

| Tue 6 Oct 2015 7:56:46 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.